Service Continuity and community support

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Service Continuity and community support

Postby awan » 06/15/2014

Hi All freephone line community and Freephone line team.

Thanks for providing superb VOIP service.

I have been using VOIP way before freephone started, I remember seting a SIP server and then later integrating it with FWD project. I might have the old FXO jump box to connect the pstn and the voip siting some where.

I have seen many VOIP projects come and go. Most of the community based projects vanished due to tremendous growth and lack of funds and some of those converted to paid services.

I am thinking risk management for the for the freephone line and I suggest that we as community play a role to make suggestions for this service to survive the tough times. What could be a tough time, I am thinking of a expensive router going down over burdening the system and bringing every thing down. or the equipment getting old and needs a major upgrade.

I am suggesting that a Trust fund account be setup for free phone line and we all make donations to the project. We can make frequent donations and this fund will grow and sit as a backup fund.

Please make your suggestions.

Thanks
awan
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Softphone/Linksys3102/SPA2100
ISP Name: ACANAC

Re: Service Continuity and community support

Postby Bing Kol » 11/14/2014

Awan? Awan! :lol:
Bing Kol
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: PAP2T