Long Distance

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
Jayrtea
One Hit Wonder

Long Distance

Post by Jayrtea »

My cell phone has free local incoming calls. If someone calls long distance to my freephone number and I forward the call to my cell phone will the cell phone see it as local or long distance call.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: Long Distance

Post by Jake »

Jayrtea wrote:My cell phone has free local incoming calls. If someone calls long distance to my freephone number and I forward the call to my cell phone will the cell phone see it as local or long distance call.
When FPL forwards the call it is just like they call you directly. You will see their number as the caller ID and it will be a long distance call. Effectively, FPL will not exist in the equation. AFAIK.
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: Long Distance

Post by bridonca »

Are you sure you cannot get incoming long distance calls for free? As long as you are in your local calling area, all incoming calls, even from a long distance number, should be free with the unlimited incoming plan. When out of your local calling area, you get charged for everything incoming, even "local" calls.