Letters On Software Keypad

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
ddd
Quiet One

Letters On Software Keypad

Post by ddd »

Your software has a lot of inconveniences. At least you should add the associated letters to each digit button. I'm tired to reach for an old phone to figure out what 310-BELL and others like this mean on keypad.

This is so simple to fix. For the remaining odd things, I can understand: your calling system is free through your software.
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: Letters On Software Keypad

Post by bridonca »

That is a great idea! That would involve nothing more than a skin change! I guess the next request would be to give the user the option to change the freephoneline client's skin! :)
Ice
Lightly Seasoned

Post by Ice »

Another idea is to allow dialing by letters, so you could literally type in 310BELL somehow, and the softphone would dial 3102355 (or whatever it's supposed to be). :)
ddd
Quiet One

Post by ddd »

At this level, I prefer possibility to Paste and Enter 514-310-2355 directly instead of having to Delete unrelevant characters before Enter: I use Paste much more often than letters. A little change of the skin display is much more easy to fix for a free software.