Add current IP to Registration Status

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
Madwand
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: SPA-2102
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable 100/10
Computer OS: Windows 7 Professional

Add current IP to Registration Status

Post by Madwand »

Hi there,

I like the registration status indicator in my profile. This does help to ensure that the voip phone should be working.

Almost always I am not located by my voip box and I am remotely checking on the status (otherwise I'd just check the lights). So my suggestion is to add to the display the current IP and port # that the voip adapter is registered to.

I know that this is offered by a competitor of yours, but this is the handiest feature that I know of.

Status GREEN IP 99.88.77.03:5050 would be absolutely perfect. I don't always know what the current IP or port is and this information would certainly help me out considerably. This way I won't have to install dyndns or other similar system.
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Add current IP to Registration Status

Post by FONGO_kris »

For the majority of users your account will display as such on our end, phonenumber@123.123.123.123. I do not see any complications with adding this feature, though it might start low on the proverbial totem pole pending the completion of other changes - I will definitely suggest it though!
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
Madwand
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: SPA-2102
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable 100/10
Computer OS: Windows 7 Professional

Re: Add current IP to Registration Status

Post by Madwand »

Thanks again Kris for your quick response... even on a Saturday.

I manage about 3 boxes remotely... one in Mexico so this would certainly help out a lot.