Audio Settings Softphone Option

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
jaindres
One Hit Wonder
ISP Name: Bell
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Bell

Audio Settings Softphone Option

Post by jaindres »

I wish an option of AUDIO SETTINGS, where i could change my speaker and microphone, like skype or other softphone.

Without this function when i call and if i have another sound like music, i don't hear anything.

My computer has 3 diferents outputs of audio, usually I use one for sounds, and another for calls.

I'll apreciate this upgrade.

Thanks
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: Audio Settings Softphone Option

Post by bridonca »

Sadly this is a limitation of the JAVA programming language the softphone uses. There is no easy fix.
Ice
Lightly Seasoned

Post by Ice »

ewww... JAVA!!! :) To be fair, Java is great but doesn't sit well with me.

On a serious note though, I thought you can through the Mixer class. I'm not an expert as I haven't done it but I seem to remember seeing it before (and on Google too). :)
tigerking
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Softphone, GS ATA HT286
Firmware Version: 3.0.1
ISP Name: Shaw
Computer OS: XP, Win7
Router: DLink
Smartphone Model: Iphone 4S
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Post by tigerking »

you can change the audio setting in the window audio setting by chaning the default audio equipment. However, you must do that before starting the softphone. A little bit hassle, but it is an alternative.

I used that to switch between my bluetooth headset and the on board speaker and mic. However, it won't ring your PC speaker after switch, you have to wear the headset all the time to receive incoming ringing.

It would be better if FPL can modify the softphone to ring the PC speaker as well as the selected audio device.
Ice
Lightly Seasoned

Post by Ice »

What's a PC speaker? lol... wow, haven't heard of that in a long time. Not a bad idea though! :)

Is there an option to use and/or ring different devices? I haven't used the softphone in a long time but I know people who essentially have 2 sound cards:
1) General computer use, connected to speakers -> RING HERE
2) Gaming/Headset/VoIP use, connected to headset -> TALK HERE