In praise of FPL

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
jtronforce
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Cisco PAP2T
Firmware Version: v5.1.6
ISP Name: Bell
Computer OS: Win7

In praise of FPL

Post by jtronforce »

Unfortunately, I had to make a 911 call this month.
Instinctually I reached for my home line when my cell phone was out of view (it was charging where is should have been).
It wasn't until the numbers were already dialed did I start to consider that because of my VoIP connection, there may be issues.
I recalled a PFL operater contacting me a few months back to confirm my address, for e911.
Let me assure you that within seconds, I was connected to an e911 operator who verified my PFL number and instantly connected and provided my address to Toronto EMS.
There was no delay, the operator was incredibly calm and professional and both fire/ambulance arrived within 15 min.

Thank you.
Jake
Technical Support

Re: In praise of FPL

Post by Jake »

While I am sorry that you had to dial 911 in the first place, is it very good to hear that everything went to plan beyond that.

Back in the UK I only had to dial 999 ( 911 in English :D ) for an emergency when I watched a car run straight into an old lady who was crossing the road; he didn't even hit the breaks. As a cub scout I had practiced calling the emergency services many times, but even so, calling it for real was a bit of an unknown. Luckily for the old lady an Ambulance was just around the corner and got there within minutes and she was OK in the end.

I hope everything your end turned out OK, and thanks a lot for boosting the confidence if we ever have to dial 911.

That number always reminds me of the Simpsons episode where Homer asks 'Operator. What's the number for 911?''