How to answer calls to my Freephonelinee on my PC??

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
miloshj
One Hit Wonder

How to answer calls to my Freephonelinee on my PC??

Post by miloshj »

Even when I put the followme mode on never, it sends the incoming calls straight to voicemail, instead of ringing on my PC and letting me answer. If I put followmemode to when unavailable, or always, then it successfully sends it to the forwarded phone number, but I want it to send it to my freephoneline, so I put "always". What do I need to change in order to be able to answer phonecalls on the PC?
Krazie243
Active Poster

Re: How to answer calls to my Freephonelinee on my PC??

Post by Krazie243 »

miloshj: It is very likely that you have a router and that your router's firewall ports are not open. Without the router firewall ports open, sometimes the FPL system will think that your phone is not 'plugged in' because the router is blocking the FPL system from seeing your PC phone. If you open UDP 13000 and UDP 13001 ports on your router, this issue will fix.

The function of the follow me section is to forward calls to a different number. It will not serve as a tool to make it go to your PC phone. It would be best simply to modify the router firewalls and set the follow-me settings to never. If you have any difficulty with the router settings, refer to your router manufacture (or possibly your ISP) and they can assist you.

If your router is made by Linksys, access the Linksys page and go to the section Access and Gaming and then put into the fields below
Application Name can be anything you want (I suggest FPL)
Port Start and Port Finish need to be 13000 and 13001 respectively
IP address needs to be your computer's IP address
Enable needs to be checked.
Other routers are likely to be very similar.
Curtis Smale
Student of Wilfrid Laurier University