Please allow call forward to another Fongo number

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
sukasem
Active Poster

Please allow call forward to another Fongo number

Post by sukasem »

Hi,
I know this has been post many times.
I think this feature should be allowed for PAID customer (VOIP unlock key purchase).
I'm thinking about porting 2 more numbers to Fongo but this feature blocked is stopping me to do so. Since I need to be able to forward call to other numbers when I'm not available. Please, I hate Vbuzzer but without this feature I can't do anything.

Thank you,
Sukasem
abelitin
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: LinkSys PAP2
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Youmano
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: 2Wire

Re: Please allow call forward to another Fongo number

Post by abelitin »

As far as I know, this is currently supported.
pete_fpl
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Cisco PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: Fibrestream
Router: D-Link DIR-601 N 150

Post by pete_fpl »

sukasem wrote:Hi,
I know this has been post many times.
I think this feature should be allowed for PAID customer (VOIP unlock key purchase).
I'm thinking about porting 2 more numbers to Fongo but this feature blocked is stopping me to do so. Since I need to be able to forward call to other numbers when I'm not available. Please, I hate Vbuzzer but without this feature I can't do anything.

Thank you,
Sukasem
I went into my home phone account and set it to forward to my softphone # on my pc without any problems. The issue I'm having is trying to forward to a # from two different accounts, that can't be done.
TheHardy
***Übergod***
SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Post by TheHardy »

pete_fpl wrote: I went into my home phone account and set it to forward to my softphone # on my pc without any problems. The issue I'm having is trying to forward to a # from two different accounts, that can't be done.
Fwd the one acct to the other acct in daisy-chain fashion to overcome this. May not be practical in all applications, but it is one way to overcome the currently imposed limitation.
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
sharky
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys ATA
Firmware Version: ?
ISP Name: Cogeco
Computer OS: Win7, WinVista, WinXP
Router: Cisco E3000

Post by sharky »

Doesn't work for me - whenever I try to forward my freephoneline to another I get a message "This number already in use as a follow-me number by someone else". I have even tried setting up a new freephoneline number (never used before) and was unable to forward my existing freephoneline number onto this new number.

could it be that you can't forward to a ATA (purchased) number, or could there be some other limits on forwarding?