VoiceMail to Email

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

VoiceMail to Email

Postby chelbos » 06/01/2012

Is this something that can we look after?
I like this feature when I was with Vbuzzer but now it's missing also.

there are two steps for this feature
1) send an email with not attachment, just inform the user that he has voicemail
2) send an email with the voicemail attached

I think 1) is what I'm looking for and 2) is a convenience ...

Alin
chelbos
Just Passing Thru

Re: VoiceMail to Email

Postby Jake » 06/01/2012

Freephoneline flavour of Fongo has it, so I am not sure why it has not been included on DV, but it hasn't for the moment.

This has been brought up before and I can't recall FONGO saying that it will be included, but they do keep saying changes are coming :)
Jake
Technical Support

Postby TheHardy » 06/01/2012

Jake wrote:Freephoneline flavour of Fongo has it, so I am not sure why it has not been included on DV, but it hasn't for the moment.

This has been brought up before and I can't recall FONGO saying that it will be included, but they do keep saying changes are coming :)

Other than Mike commenting that DV was a different "version" than FPL, I do not recall any official word as to WHY the VM->Email as not an option on DV. I too would like that feature to be cross-platform, as that is the only thing I miss on the DV account I have set up -- the working CID is a nice bonus, and I am thinking of fwding my FPL->DV for that reason, but would lose the VM->Email functionality .... Hmmm ... choices ... then of course, if they fixed the CID issue with FPL 3.0.3.0, it would be a mooooooot point <hint>
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
TheHardy
***Übergod***

SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Postby Jake » 06/01/2012

TheHardy wrote:
Jake wrote:Freephoneline flavour of Fongo has it, so I am not sure why it has not been included on DV, but it hasn't for the moment.

Other than Mike commenting that DV was a different "version" than FPL, I do not recall any official word as to WHY the VM->Email as not an option on DV. I too would like that feature to be cross-platform, as that is the only thing I miss on the DV account I have set up -- the working CID is a nice bonus, and I am thinking of fwding my FPL->DV for that reason, but would lose the VM->Email functionality .... Hmmm ... choices ... then of course, if they fixed the CID issue with FPL 3.0.3.0, it would be a mooooooot point <hint>

If you do forward your calls and set the rings lower on DV, wouldn't the FPL voicemail kick in before DV's? That way you would have Caller ID though DV and FPL will handle the voicemails/emails.
Jake
Technical Support

Postby TheHardy » 06/02/2012

Yes ... but ...

(No, truly, your suggestion WORKS --on paper-- as the primary number called will terminate the voicemail eventually after the forward options are exhausted [I did a multi number test on this a while back...] however, if I am using (A) FPL and (B) DV, with (A) being my primary # but (B) having the CID, if I have the (A) app open to make calls, I cannot have the (B) app open at the same time, even on different ports, as the two fight for control. Let's not even mention that (A) is unstable as a java-app as it is... which tends to hang/freeze/crash after an incoming call anyways ...)
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
TheHardy
***Übergod***

SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Return to Suggestions & Feedback