NEW Calling Areas.

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

NEW Calling Areas.

Postby koreyb » 08/22/2012

I would like to see some hole fill in, in southern ontario.. A good example is back in my parents area near Goderich, Ontario.... One POP could cover a very wide area.. If a pop for numbers was added in Clinton or Goderich, you would get almost all of Huron County currently NOT in local calling areas, including

Clinton:

Auburn, ON
Bayfield, ON
Blyth, ON
Brussels, ON
Clinton Independent, ON
Goderich, ON
Hensall, ON
Hensall Independent, ON
Seaforth, ON
Seaforth Independent, ON
Teeswater, ON
Wingham, ON

OR

Goderich:

Auburn, ON
Bayfield, ON
Blyth, ON
Brussels, ON
Clinton, ON
Clinton Independent, ON
Dungannon, ON
Kincardine, ON
Lucknow, ON
Ripley, ON
Seaforth, ON
Teeswater, ON
Wingham, ON

This would give you about the size of a mid-sized city, and a great part of cottage country
koreyb
Quiet One

Re: NEW Calling Areas.

Postby Bloodsong » 08/26/2012

Still waiting on Hastings area myself, They're trying, albeit slower than some of would like.

I wonder what the Dollar and Time investment of implementing a new POP on Fibernetic's network is. If I had a goal I could try to privately solicit businesses to support the expansion in various areas that I want to see development. :P
Bloodsong
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: Zoiper| Grandstream GXP2000
ISP Name: Tek Savvy Internet (DSL)
Computer OS: CentOS, Arch, Widows 7, AIX, AS/400
Router: Cisco ASA 5520
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy Ace Q
Android Version: 2.3.6

Re: NEW Calling Areas.

Postby TheHardy » 08/26/2012

Bloodsong wrote:Still waiting on Hastings area myself, They're trying, albeit slower than some of would like.

I wonder what the Dollar and Time investment of implementing a new POP on Fibernetic's network is. If I had a goal I could try to privately solicit businesses to support the expansion in various areas that I want to see development. :P

This would be some interesting information to find out, but I am going to take a wild stab and say that it is privileged and proprietary and protected, so we will never know! ;-) Getting a threshhold number though, would allow you to do what you propose ....
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
TheHardy
***Übergod***

SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Return to Suggestions & Feedback