Add ring # option to Simultaneous Follow Me

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Add ring # option to Simultaneous Follow Me

Postby bmedicky » 09/15/2012

Is it possible to make the Simultaneous Follow Me mode work more like the Sequential mode by allowing us to specify a certain number of rings?

At the moment, the Sequential mode will bounce back to Fongo voicemail if the forwarding number doesn't pick up the call within the specified number of rings. I like this feature, except that the total number of rings given to each of my numbers (Fongo + cell phone) adds up to a bit much in order to give me a fair chance to take the call, and I fear that a caller might not have the patience to wait until Fongo's voice mail kicks in to take a message.

If you could give the Simultaneous mode the option to ring the forwarding number only for a specified number of rings, and then have it go back to Fongo's voicemail, that would be absolutely ideal. This is how my old phone service (Vonage) worked. I set it up like this once and never touched it again; it always worked perfectly in allowing calls to ring both my home phone and cell phone simultaneously, then going to Vonage's voice mail after 4 rings.

Right now, I have to simulate this behaviour using the Sequential mode, with the cell set to 3 rings and Fongo to 3 rings. Sometime during the 7th ring, Fongo voicemail finally takes the call. That ringing period is rather long. If I try the Simultaneous mode, my cell phone voice mail -- for which I cannot specify a ringing period at all -- eventually takes the message, which is not what I want (I prefer to have Fongo's voice mail do this).

Thanks,
BM
bmedicky
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.0.18
ISP Name: Rogers

Return to Suggestions & Feedback