Thank you freephoneline

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Thank you freephoneline

Postby Maxwell Smart » 11/30/2012

Hi,

I am new to this forum and also to Freephoneline.

I thought I would share with others my positive experience with signing up to Freephoneline. When I called Freephoneline to get set up, I didn't have to wait long to speak to a customer service agent. Maybe a few minutes at most. That is a good sign. The agent was helpful and efficient. I purchased a VOIP unlock key for my new Obi100 ATA device. Within an hour I had my phone working. A few tweaks later to my router's settings perfected things. The call quality of my phone conversations has since been excellent. Clear audio, no distortion, no echo, no delays, no weirdness. I actually enjoy using my phone again! I say 'again' because I didn't enjoy my phone service prior to joining Freephoneline, as I had been using a competitor's service. (clue: their name starts with the letter "N" and they are based in Miami, Florida). The competitor's service was unacceptable (bad call quality, slow service etc). Anyway, I'm really glad that Freephoneline/Fongo exists, because it certainly helps me keep to a budget while getting excellent service at the same time. Thank you very much!!! :D

As an aside, before I joined Freephoneline, I did my research, read forums etc., and this forum in particular impressed me... helpful people here! I especially appreciated the setup guide for my Obi. A big thumbs up! :ugeek:
Maxwell Smart
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: Obihai 100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2886)
ISP Name: Teksavvy
Computer OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)
Router: SmartRG 515AC
Smartphone Model: Samsung S6
Android Version: 7.0

Re: Thank you freephoneline

Postby seagame2001 » 12/08/2012

that's good to hear

one question that your OBi100 ATA gives enough power to other phone jacks in your house?
seagame2001
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Re: Thank you freephoneline

Postby Maxwell Smart » 12/10/2012

I couldn't say as I've got my Obi100 hooked up only to vtech cordless phones from one base station.
However, I gather that the Obi100 has a 5 REN (Ringer Equivalence Number), which should power up to 5 wired traditional bell phones.
Source: http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi100DS.pdf
Maxwell Smart
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: Obihai 100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2886)
ISP Name: Teksavvy
Computer OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)
Router: SmartRG 515AC
Smartphone Model: Samsung S6
Android Version: 7.0

Return to Suggestions & Feedback