FPL Support (or lack thereof)

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

FPL Support (or lack thereof)

Postby crusader9 » 12/18/2012

How about adding pay per incident support for FPL?

Its very discouraging when you call the Fongo&FPL support number and at the voice prompts you indicate that you are a FPL customer that you are directed to the forms here and your call is promptly disconnected. This is especially true when the issue is on the provider's end and not the home users side.

In the event that the issue is server side, a refund could be issued or the fee waived. If the issue is found to be on the home user side then a fee could be charged. This may help FPL customers have more confidence in the service. It would be an improvement over the zero support policy I've experienced in my call encounters to date with calling FPL for such.
crusader9
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.3.2_014
ISP Name: Start Communications
Computer OS: Windows 7 x64
Router: DIR-827

Re: FPL Support (or lack thereof)

Postby seagame2001 » 12/21/2012

I don't know how you will get refund that you paid one time for service only and you don't have to pay for monthly phone bill any more
seagame2001
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Postby crusader9 » 12/21/2012

seagame2001 wrote:I don't know how you will get refund that you paid one time for service only and you don't have to pay for monthly phone bill any more

Any charge to a credit card always goes on the card as temporary for 2-3 days until the transaction has settled. Within that timeframe it can be voided and it is actually removed from your statement as if it never happened. Any merchant that can charge a card should also has the capability of issuing a refund; even beyond this 2-3 day period.
crusader9
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.3.2_014
ISP Name: Start Communications
Computer OS: Windows 7 x64
Router: DIR-827

Postby seagame2001 » 01/05/2013

crusader9 wrote:
seagame2001 wrote:I don't know how you will get refund that you paid one time for service only and you don't have to pay for monthly phone bill any more

Any charge to a credit card always goes on the card as temporary for 2-3 days until the transaction has settled. Within that timeframe it can be voided and it is actually removed from your statement as if it never happened. Any merchant that can charge a card should also has the capability of issuing a refund; even beyond this 2-3 day period.

if you are not happy with the service then I guess you want to cancel and get money back but if you use it a month or so then you can't get your money back I think

I have been with FPL for about 4 years now I am happy with it
seagame2001
Tried and True

Postby kjmj » 02/01/2013

For the most part the system service is fine but it the support that's fallen off. I'm open to paying per incident. Fongo has been such a fantastic service to me and my family. If would truly be devastating if it were to go out of business.
kjmj
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: PAP2T
ISP Name: Telus's
Computer OS: Win 7 Pro
Router: Linksys RV042

Postby seagame2001 » 02/01/2013

I know what you meant guys. It's a VoIP phone company and it does not have phone support.

I hope they will bring phone support back soon. Feel better when you talk to someone on the phone when you have a problem to ask
seagame2001
Tried and True

Postby Funkytown » 02/05/2013

kjmj wrote:Fongo has been such a fantastic service to me and my family.

I agree YES Fongo, Freephonline, Clearpointel has always provided a priceless package to me and my family, especially knowing how much we all are saving on monthly phone bills.
Funkytown
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 (SR5) Oct 14 2
ISP Name: Cik Telecom
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Zyxel EMG2926
Smartphone Model: LG G8 Thinq
Android Version: Android Q

Postby Liptonbrisk » 02/18/2013

seagame2001 wrote:I don't know how you will get refund that you paid one time for service only

He's talking about a refund for phone tech support (fee per incident). Microsoft does this as a matter of course for its tech support
(they do actually charge up front--and then refund the customer if the problem turns out to be on their end).

and you don't have to pay for monthly phone bill any more

That has nothing to do with a fee per incident tech support.

It's very simple (and FPL doesn't have to charge immediately at all): take the customer's credit card information. Do not process a technical support charge unless the problem is on the customer's end.

Alternatively, businesses can put a temporary charge through--and then not finalize the transaction (until the problem turns out to be on the customer's end).
After awhile the temp (pending) charge disappears.

I agree with the OP.

And this could be another revenue source for FPL/Fongo.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Postby Funkytown » 02/20/2013

Liptonbrisk wrote:And this could be another revenue source for FPL/Fongo.

Would you care to elaborate on that?
Funkytown
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 (SR5) Oct 14 2
ISP Name: Cik Telecom
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Zyxel EMG2926
Smartphone Model: LG G8 Thinq
Android Version: Android Q

Postby Liptonbrisk » 03/12/2013

If FPL is charging $25 (or more) per phone support incident (or ticket), then it stands to reason FPL could make more money (even after hourly wage costs for support staff). $25 is about half of what Microsoft charges per support incident (over the phone).

FPL would probably get a lot more volume with lower per incident fees though. It would be up to FPL to decide at what price point phone support becomes feasible.
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Return to Suggestions & Feedback