Site Suggestion

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!

Site Suggestion

Postby Bohannan » 01/20/2013

I and probably many others would find it extremely helpful to see an online list of what area codes and prefixes are available for their area.

I hate using these "people" as an example but .... http://www.magicjack.com/action/areacodes?inpArea=&selCountry=CANADA&inpCountry=CANADA&selState=BC

I am waiting for area code 431 to be available and there really is no way to check to see if it's here yet other than keep asking the same question kids do.... are we there yet?

Thanks. BoBo
Bohannan
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: iPhone 4 - Deactivated
Firmware Version: 6.0.1
ISP Name: Shaw
Computer OS: Windows 7

Re: Site Suggestion

Postby seagame2001 » 01/24/2013

The site does not have the list like other but when you sign up and pick the city that you want then you will know

They are working to improve the site. Right now they just have this http://www.freephoneline.ca/cityListing
seagame2001
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Postby Bohannan » 01/26/2013

LOL?
Bohannan
Just Passing Thru

Postby tbrummell » 01/26/2013

Yeah, I really don't understand that response either...
tbrummell
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: PIAF/Mitel/PolyCom/Cisco
Firmware Version: Asterisk 1.8
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: CentOS/Windows2008/Win7/Android
Router: pfSense/Neoware thin client

Postby Funkytown » 01/26/2013

seagame2001 wrote:They are working to improve the site.

I agree seagame2001,

Also i just want to add to it, that we are here as volunteers to try and help around this awesome Fongo community forum, we will always try and provide helpful, useful or point Fongo community members in the right direction.

Thank You
Funkytown
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 (SR5) Oct 14 2
ISP Name: Cik Telecom
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Zyxel EMG2926
Smartphone Model: LG G8 Thinq
Android Version: Android Q

Postby Bohannan » 01/27/2013

Funkytown,

It seems you missed out on seagame2001's first reply. It made no sense at all. Even tbrummell was confused by the response. (BTW, thanks tbrummell). Now since seagame2001 has editing resources here as a MOD, he changed his comment to what is there now and erased my response.

Well Funkytown, you've educated me by letting us know your volunteers. Thanks for that. However the question still really wasn't answered. As I appreciate that this service is free of charge and might I add a GREAT product, I was simply trying to help the site by making a suggestion to help other who may be looking for the same thing. So, let's try this again, and please, if YOU and only you could answer this, it would be appreciated.

I would like to make a suggestion for the site. This suggestion being, that perhaps on the main site or the forums, a list of available area codes available for consumers of this product to view BEFORE they sign up. Here is an example....

I live in Manitoba. I would like to go to the Fongo website and see if an area code from my area is available so I can have a local number. Having a list of available area codes for users to see what's available to them entices them to join Fongo. Just so we're clear, I am not asking for a list of what numbers we can call, I'm talking about "pre" joining Fongo. Signing up to see what numbers are available is in my opinion, may be a let down for a potential customer if a local number isn't available and may sway them elsewhere.

I hope this was much clearer than before. Once again, this is ONLY a suggestion for the site to help others.

Thank you.
Bohannan
Just Passing Thru

Postby seagame2001 » 01/27/2013

They are working to expand their DID area codes. Fongo will try to improve their service for their customers and they work hard to make it better
seagame2001
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Postby Bohannan » 01/28/2013

Seriously?

Seagame2001, as I appreciate you are a volunteer and not a payed employee of Fongo, you clearly do not the proper skills to respond to a simple suggestion. My suggestion was plain as day and could be understood by a child.

Please allow me to "volunteer" the answer you should have started and ended with.

Bohannon,

Thanks for your suggestion. As you know, we have a list of local Canadian cities that you can call using our Fongo service. Having a list of DID's (local phone numbers) with area codes available for our potential customers is a great idea. We enjoy hearing ideas from our customers, that's what makes us so great. I will forward your suggest to our (blank) department.

Thanks again for using Fongo!

Seagame2001

Effective listening and communication are the key sources to a successful business. Not everyone has these skills.

You may erase this like you did my other post. Hopefully you learned something this time. If not, I wish you success with whatever you choose in life.

I'm going to walk away now.

BoBo.
Bohannan
Just Passing Thru

Postby Fongo Support » 01/28/2013

Bohannan wrote:Thanks for your suggestion. As you know, we have a list of local Canadian cities that you can call using our Fongo service. Having a list of DID's (local phone numbers) with area codes available for our potential customers is a great idea. We enjoy hearing ideas from our customers, that's what makes us so great. I will forward your suggest to our (blank) department.

Thanks again for using Fongo!

Bohannan - Really appreciate your input. It is a great idea. I'll see what we can do to get these posted on our website.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Return to Suggestions & Feedback