Long Distance Plan - No Finland?

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
kkoskinen
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA2102
Router: Sagemcom Connection Hub

Long Distance Plan - No Finland?

Post by kkoskinen »

Hi FPL,

I have the ATA setup, works well. I also subscribe to the Flat Rate Call The World Plan. I can call every country in Scandinavia but Finland...even calls to Estonia across the Gulf of Finland are included in the plan, but again, No Finland???? Just wondering why Finland isn't included in the plan when all the surrounding countries in Scandinavia are (Sweden, norway, Denmark, Estonia, Russia)? Will Finland be available with this plan in the future, or is there a reason that it is excluded?

Thanks for the terrific service!

KKOSKINEN
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Long Distance Plan - No Finland?

Post by FONGO_kris »

I would strongly suggest emailing support@freephoneline.ca with that same question, it will be forwarded the appropriate sources to better answer your question and possibly add Finland!

Keep in mind a few years ago all we had was Kitchener Waterloo and Quebec, and in 4 years look where we've come :)
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
nikechristo
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: SPA3102, Nokia N97
ISP Name: Resnet
Computer OS: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows 7 Pro

Post by nikechristo »

admin wrote:Keep in mind a few years ago all we had was Kitchener Waterloo and Quebec, and in 4 years look where we've come :)

Are you guys graduates of Waterloo University or students of Waterloo university? If yes, what was your major? Computer science? SORRY for getting off topic but I'm very curious to find out.
Nikesh Bernardshaw
CS major, University of Waterloo
Krazie243
Active Poster

Post by Krazie243 »

kkoskinen: There is a very simple answer to that actually. On another one of our partner company's website - http://www.1011295.com - you will see the rates that we can provide to any Bell home phone to each country. Any country that costs merely 2 or 3 cents per minute is included within the countries that Worldline.ca offers as part of their unlimited calling within the world. For whatever reason, Finland is more expensive than this, so Worldline cannot maintain cheap rates and include this country at the same time.

nikechristo: I'm entering WLU with a Math major this fall. Would have preferred UoW but it is harder to get into. I will also be taking Chem, Physics and some Computer stuff in WLU as electives.
Curtis Smale
Student of Wilfrid Laurier University