no longer any voicemail alert

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
nanyte
Quiet One

no longer any voicemail alert

Post by nanyte »

Hello, I used to get a voicemail alert on my phone, but all of a sudden I no longer get this. Not sure why. The messages are there but the distinct tone to alert us is not there anymore. Anyone have any thoughts on what has happened?
nanyte
Quiet One

Re: no longer any voicemail alert

Post by nanyte »

I can't recall if I have had the voicemail alert work since witching from a linksys NA to a linksys SPA-112. It was definitely working on the older linksys.

THe MWI Dial Tone is: 350@-19,440@-19;2(.1/.1/1+2);10(*/0/1+2)
Privatepilot
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT701
ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Computer OS: Windows
Router: Home Hub 2000

Post by Privatepilot »

Voicemail alert stopped working for me today too and I have a Fongo purchased ATA and subscribe to the monthly home phone service. Must be a network issue. I never had this problem before. Just started today on its own
Privatepilot
Quiet One

Post by Privatepilot »

Voicemail prompt now works. Problem fixed itself

Thanks
nanyte
Quiet One

Post by nanyte »

Update: I had sent myself a voice mail last night as a test. I went to bed about 3 hours later and it there was no MWI. This morning there was. I deleted the message and the MWI was still on. I left about 30 minutes later and the MWI was still on.

So not sure if the MWI was not working to begin with or if there just a super long delay for some reason. The delay used to be mabye 10 minutes or so.
Privatepilot
Quiet One

Post by Privatepilot »

There seems to be about a current 8 hour delay with my observations now vs previous 3-5 minutes.
nanyte
Quiet One

Post by nanyte »

8 hour delay? Wondering if we can get some feedback from one of the Fongo staff when they have a moment?
46jimbo
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Grandstream 286
Router: Asus RT-N13U Rev.B1

Post by 46jimbo »

Recently, I've been getting email alerts via email, but they don't show up on my phone like it used to. After a good delay, I will get the 'stutter' sound when I pick up the phone.