Cannot make calls - Obi110

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
shawn122
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Obi100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2765)
ISP Name: Bell - DSL
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Netgear WNDR4000

Cannot make calls - Obi110

Post by shawn122 »

Hello,
I have done my best to read on how to setup with freephoneline.ca and I can receive calls.
However I cannot seem to dial out. (As an aside I also created a voip.ms account and I am able to connect with no issues ie. make and receive calls)

I purchased the Obi100 and upgraded to the latest firmware. I have setup everything locally and not through obitalk.com
I followed all the settings as described in the device configuration page.

When I dial out I hear on the line: "The number you dialled...was rejected by the service provider. Reason is 4-0-0"
I can receive calls with no issue.

Any help is appreciated. If I can't get this to work, I will ask for a refund for my unlock settings.

Many thanks.
Maxwell Smart
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Obihai 100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2886)
ISP Name: Teksavvy
Computer OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)
Router: SmartRG 515AC
Smartphone Model: Samsung S6
Android Version: 7.0

Re: Cannot make calls - Obi110

Post by Maxwell Smart »

Thoughts:
- Are you dialing out with 10 digits? (you need to put in the area code, regardless)
- Are you using a router with a firewall blocking your Obi from talking to the world?
- if you're doing the above all correctly, then for experiment purposes, try setting it up via obitalk and see if it makes things work. (I originally did it locally like you did, but likewise mine didn't work quite right until I re-did it via the obitalk web portal -- I think the reason why it worked then properly was that their system reset my Obi to all the proper defaults).

As an aside, I have an Obi100, with the latest firmware, and it works great with FPL.
shawn122
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Obi100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2765)
ISP Name: Bell - DSL
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Netgear WNDR4000

Re: Cannot make calls - Obi110

Post by shawn122 »

Thanks for the reply!
I figured out the issue. I had to disable the SIP ALG setting in my router. I can now receive and make calls