why is freephoneline such a SCAM?????

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
LeanMeanChristine
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: freephoneline
ISP Name: shaw cable
Computer OS: windows xp
Router: cable modem

why is freephoneline such a SCAM?????

Post by LeanMeanChristine »

i posted this question before, about my calls dropping after 30-32 seconds & I didn't get a response. But not only is that a money making scam method for freephoneline, there's also another one, in which I dial a number & press the call button & nothing happens. However, in the end, I end up getting screwed by having my money taken out of my account. I want a refund for such scams like this!
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: why is freephoneline such a SCAM?????

Post by Fongo Support »

LeanMeanChristine wrote:i posted this question before, about my calls dropping after 30-32 seconds & I didn't get a response. But not only is that a money making scam method for freephoneline, there's also another one, in which I dial a number & press the call button & nothing happens. However, in the end, I end up getting screwed by having my money taken out of my account. I want a refund for such scams like this!
Hi there,

I am investigating this issue and I am communicating on PM.

Thanks,
Maxwell Smart
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Obihai 100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2886)
ISP Name: Teksavvy
Computer OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)
Router: SmartRG 515AC
Smartphone Model: Samsung S6
Android Version: 7.0

Post by Maxwell Smart »

To the original poster... I'm in no way affiliated or associated with Fongo / FPL other than being a satisfied customer of their FPL service. Normally I don't get involved in these sort of trivial things, but come on, stop with the libelous "scam" nonsense. Fongo/FPL is not a scam. You lose all credibility when you smear their reputation with unsubstantiated accusations. Stick with the facts. If you have service problems, politely ask for help, and you will receive.
stevenao
Just Passing Thru

Post by stevenao »

The OP has trouble differentiate a SCAM and a company who tries to provide reasonable service within a confined resources limit. $50 for a VOIP settings and a $25 port in. Come on. I so worry that they will go bankrupt. I think i will make more long distance calls using them instead of GV once their softphone service is back up, just to keep them afloat. I am serious.
Maxwell Smart
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Obihai 100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2886)
ISP Name: Teksavvy
Computer OS: Windows 10 (64 bit)
Router: SmartRG 515AC
Smartphone Model: Samsung S6
Android Version: 7.0

Post by Maxwell Smart »

I feel the same way, stevenao.... I appreciate Fongo's efforts.
I buy long distance credits with Fongo, and do so to support them.
I want Fongo to succeed! :D
The level of service provided by Fongo is most reasonable, all things considered.
lustucru
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-286
Firmware Version: 1.1.0.45
ISP Name: Bell Fibe 300/300
Computer OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bits
Router: Bell hub 1000
Smartphone Model: Moto E
Android Version: Android 6.0

Post by lustucru »

I believe Fongo service is great and their Support Team provides an excellent service.

I have been a Fongo customer since 13 months and I always found a quick resolution to my tech problems in this forum or by sending a PM to the Support Team.

And I have no longer to pay a high monthly phone bill or costly long distance calls!
gab
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 (004) Jul 27 2
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Windows 7 Home Premium
Router: Belkin

Post by gab »

I agree with the positive comments.

We should all be grateful that FPL is a free service. I see Fongo support intervening whenever someone is having issues.

With FPL it's more of a DIY thing. So you need to be prepared to tweak the setup as the needs arise, since nobody will be doing that for you.