Cannot receive incoming calls after porting phone number

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Libo
Just Passing Thru

Cannot receive incoming calls after porting phone number

Post by Libo »

I have received the porting complete email. With the desktop app, I can make outgoing calls. But when I call the ported number, I will hear ringtones once followed by "The account number is not valid". I suspect the service side configuration is not set up properly. Any one can help me out?
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: Cannot receive incoming calls after porting phone number

Post by Fongo Support »

Libo wrote:I have received the porting complete email. With the desktop app, I can make outgoing calls. But when I call the ported number, I will hear ringtones once followed by "The account number is not valid". I suspect the service side configuration is not set up properly. Any one can help me out?
Hi there,

You might have the temp number under Follow me settings . So when you try to call your ported number, it will try to fwd to your previous temp number that doesn't exist anymore.

Please check this.

Thanks,
Libo
Just Passing Thru

Re: Cannot receive incoming calls after porting phone number

Post by Libo »

Thanks for your help. It is caused by Follow me setting. After disabling it. the issue is gone.