Tones not recognized (Dtmf)

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
enerbob
Just Passing Thru
ISP Name: Bell Canada (DSL)
Computer OS: Windows 8
Router: No router

Tones not recognized (Dtmf)

Post by enerbob »

Hi,
The problem I have is when I call public/commercial lines where I need to press keys for options. It seems that the tones are not recognized. I tried changing the dtmf type to both options but none works.
I also tried changing to voip2, I am not behind a router(direct IP from pppoe) and I tried disabling windows firewall.
thanks
hanke
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Re: Tones not recognized (Dtmf)

Post by hanke »

I have an SPA3102 and on the Audio Configuration Settings of the Line I have some choices with regards to DTMF Tx Method: (mine is set to auto). The other choices are Inband, AVT, Info and a few more. You can try to perhaps change to Inband or change the DTMF Tx Mode: (mine is set to strict). Each ATA has different settings so all depends on what your using. Google is usually pretty good on giving some possible answers that may fit your problem.
enerbob
Just Passing Thru
ISP Name: Bell Canada (DSL)
Computer OS: Windows 8
Router: No router

Re: Tones not recognized (Dtmf)

Post by enerbob »

Thanks for answering.

But I don't have a router or phone. I use the desktop application for Windows and it used to work fine until about 6 months ago,
then my tones wouldn't be recognized anymore. In the desktop app there is only 2 settings: Info(SIP) and Inband(Tone), both gives the same result.