Call Forwarding and Voicemail

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
mattjwhitneyiii
Just Passing Thru
Computer OS: Yosemite

Call Forwarding and Voicemail

Post by mattjwhitneyiii »

How do I set up FPL so that I can have my FPL desktop app and cell phone ring simultaneously using the follow me option, but still have the FPL voicemail kick in if there is no answer on the follow me number (cell phone)? If I disable the follow me option then the FPL voicemail works fine. If I enable follow me then my cell phone picks up the voicemail. I have the FPL voicemail setting set to pick up after 3 rings.

Thanks - Matt
mattjwhitneyiii
Just Passing Thru

Re: Call Forwarding and Voicemail

I posted this question some time ago. Is this the correct place to post questions you would like answered by Fongo customer support?
Bing Kol
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (LS)
ISP Name: CarryTel 25/10 DSL
Router: pfSense i5-3470

Post by Bing Kol »

mattjwhitneyiii wrote:How do I set up FPL so that I can have my FPL desktop app and cell phone ring simultaneously using the follow me option, but still have the FPL voicemail kick in if there is no answer on the follow me number (cell phone)? If I disable the follow me option then the FPL voicemail works fine. If I enable follow me then my cell phone picks up the voicemail. I have the FPL voicemail setting set to pick up after 3 rings.

Thanks - Matt
I think that has been asked years ago and the answer was, IIRC, as soon as the forward-to number starts to ring there is no way for the FPL voice mail system to grab the call back.

I believe P$$mu$tel offered that feature in the 5> years that I was using their service but it never worked (that was prior to FPL). I can not say if it works now.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
mattjwhitneyiii
Just Passing Thru

Thanks Bing.

That's unfortunate as it won't suit my needs. I guess I will continue to search for the right fit for me.

Thanks - Matt
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

mattjwhitneyiii wrote:Thanks Bing.

That's unfortunate as it won't suit my needs. I guess I will continue to search for the right fit for me.

Thanks - Matt
Hi there,

You can also try to play with the number of rings before VM so that FPL will pick up.

So if your cell phone is setup to go to VM after 5 rings, setup the number of rings to 4.

Regards,