Remote access for SPA112

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
djkoloks
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: CISCO SPA112
Firmware Version: Version 1.3.5 (004p)
ISP Name: Rogers - Cable
Computer OS: win7
Router: Hitron CGN2-ROG

Remote access for SPA112

Post by djkoloks »

Hi, how do I configure SPA112 for remote access and how would I access it if I'm away from home?
hanke
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Re: Remote access for SPA112

Post by hanke »

Remote Management

Enable WAN Web Server: YES WAN Web Server Port: Need to input a port # (like 8080 or 5800 - what ever would work)

I have a SPA3102 and PAP2T - in the WAN setup tab you need to enable WAN server and also input a port number. In the System Configuration you also would need to input a password once you access the ATA, in mine kinda stuck with USER and Admin being the defaults of USER and ADMIN but you put in your own Passwords -.

System Configuration

Restricted Access Domains: (leave blank)
Enable Web Admin Access: Yes Admin Passwd: (your own) User Password: (your own)

In order for it to work you would then need to know the IP address of the ATA. Most providers you usually keep your same IP so once you know that it usually never changes.
Once you know your IP of the ATA you would then access it with your browser -

xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:Port# then the login window should pop up for you to input User being User and Password being the password that you use for Web Admin Access. To get Admin access once logged in with User select Admin and the popup window comes up and you input admin for admin and password the password you created.

Hope this works for you on your SPA112.
Mango
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

Post by Mango »

While it is certainly possible to do what you want, it is not a good idea. ATAs do not contain brute force protection and could be DoSed or even compromised by a hacker. If possible, restrict your port forwarding to the specific IP address that needs access (for example your office or vacation home).
djkoloks
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: CISCO SPA112
Firmware Version: Version 1.3.5 (004p)
ISP Name: Rogers - Cable
Computer OS: win7
Router: Hitron CGN2-ROG

Post by djkoloks »

Thank you Hanke and Mango for your suggestions. Will give it a try.