OutboundCallRoute for city of Ottawa "311" service

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
tango
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: OBi110i
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 Build 2872
ISP Name: Bell DSL
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Sagemcom 2864

OutboundCallRoute for city of Ottawa "311" service

Post by tango »

Recently I have the need to call the City services, in Ottawa it is 311 (parents' place got water pipe frozen). This is no problem with landline, however with VoIP it may needs some setting up?

I copied the syntax for 911, which is {911:sp1}, as FPL is sp1 in my Obi110, changed to {311:sp1} and added to the OutboundCallRoute, then submitted the change. The Obi device led turned red, then green again, indicating update was done successfully.

However, calling 311 still gives the msg "your account balance is insufficient to place a call that destination"!

What did I miss, or what should I have done?
TIA
Mango
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Router: Toastman Tomato

Re: OutboundCallRoute for city of Ottawa "311" service

Post by Mango »

Try to use:

{(<311:16135802400>):sp1}

Does that work?
tango
Just Passing Thru

Post by tango »

Mango wrote:Try to use:

{(<311:16135802400>):sp1}

Does that work?

I edited this post because parentheses may be required.
I tried that, still no joy! Something still missing, but thanks for your help!
(Y)
Mango
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Router: Toastman Tomato

Post by Mango »

What did your call history say for your test call?

Edit to add: I just tried this as the first sequence of my PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute and it did work.
tango
Just Passing Thru

Post by tango »

Mango wrote:What did your call history say for your test call?
The log did not record the 311 calls, as expected (they were denied)
Edit to add: I just tried this as the first sequence of my PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute and it did work.
I don't know enough about the priority, would not leave 311 as the first sequence, rather reserve it for the 911 call. I'd rather program a speed dial on my handset to call the city using their regular 613-580-2400.

I'll read up Digitmap "how to" and experiment later, but thanks again for your prompt assistance!
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Post by Liptonbrisk »

This works for me. Add these entries in the OBiTalk web portal if that's what you've been using in the past:

a. Physical Interfaces->Phone Port-->DigitMap

|311|

b. Service Providers-->ITSP Profile A--> General-->Digitmap

|<311:6135802400>|
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at http://forum.fongo.com/viewforum.php?f=15.
tango
Just Passing Thru

Post by tango »

Liptonbrisk wrote:This works for me. Add these entries in the OBiTalk web portal if that's what you've been using in the past:

a. Physical Interfaces->Phone Port-->DigitMap

|311|

b. Service Providers-->ITSP Profile A--> General-->Digitmap

|<311:6135802400>|
I tried your suggestions with enthusiasm.

At first, it did not work. I found out I still have the previous mod suggested by Mango not removed, maybe it was why.
Then I tried my own very first mod, {311:sp1}, just for the fun of it. It didn't work. There was no call log as expected :)
Then, I cleaned up, leave only Liptonbrisk mod, it did not work because of a syntax error, it was left outside the closing parenthese (bracket). There was a voice msg "there was no call route available to complete your call".
Bringing it inside the closing bracket resulted in a "service provider error #484". The voice msg repeated the call number I was calling, truncated the last digit 0.

Then somehow I related to the proposed fix, maybe there is a missing number, could be #1 preceding the 10 digit calling number? This would make sense when looking the call log, all numbers have that preceding #1?

Adding this prefex #1 fixed the problem, the call went through, there was an auto attendant voice msg from the City of Ottawa: bingo!

Checking the call log shows a normal call clearing: mission accomplished!

Thank you all for your help, you guys are great!
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

Re: "preferred" dial plan for the FPL phone service

Post by Liptonbrisk »

tango wrote: Then somehow I related to the proposed fix, maybe there is a missing number, could be #1 preceding the 10 digit calling number? This would make sense when looking the call log, all numbers have that preceding #1?

I would need to see your entire digitmap and outbound call route to understand what's going on, but I'm not necessarily interested in troubleshooting dial plans. I fail to see why yours is setup so that prepending a "#" + "1" sends everything to SP1. I don't see why everything shouldn't just go to SP1 by default (or if #1 isn't really being added, I'm not sure why your dialplan is setup to require 11 digits for dialing Canadian phone numbers).

I have |[2-9]xxxxxxxxx| (inside the brackets) in the area indicated in step a.

I also have [2-9]xxxxxxxxx| (inside the brackets) in the area indicated in step b.

What happens is any ten digit phone number (starting with a digit from 2 to 9) gets sent through SP1, but you might as well leave well enough alone.

And, yes, everything is inside brackets.

Service Providers-->ITSP Profile A--> General-->Digitmap

([2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<211:1234567890>|<311:1234567890>|<511:1234567890>|<611:1234567890>|<811:1234567890>|*98|911|<:123>310xxxx)

<:123> is your area code
*98 is voicemail

You need something corresponding in your phone port digimap to allow for the ITSP digitmap to work.
Something like ([2-9]xxxxxxxxx||211|311|511|611|811|*98|911|310xxxx|) would correspond with my example
But again, if yours is working, it's working.

Congrats on getting 311 working!
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at http://forum.fongo.com/viewforum.php?f=15.
tango
Just Passing Thru

Post by tango »

Liptonbrisk: I wrote too soon! This morning when I made a call as normal, now there is that 484 error msg! Other than the 311 number, any other numbers calling out did not work.

It's Monday back to work, I have no time to play around but restoring my previous settings, prior to the 311 mod. In fact, the 2 DigitMap settings (that were changed for the sake of the 311 mod) are of OBiTALK settings, as I printed out the screens earlier (during the setup & trial process) for future references.

I don't know when during the week I have the time to revisit this "experiment", but really not in the mood to spend time of little value when I can dial the 10 digit directly. That said, it will be parked issue until I have time and energy to tackle.

Thanks for your help!
PS it should be noted that Provisioning was not disabled in my setup, as it works for me! I can really appreciate this feature when I can access and update the ATA via OBiTALK network remotely from my office computer! E,g, when someone at home called me at work about the problem, which I had in the morning before going to work, but did not think it is "universal" to any outgoing phone number, I was able to reset the affected settings remotely, and 30 sec later, it was good as new :)!
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

Post by Liptonbrisk »

tango wrote: OBiTALK settings
Oh. The defaults are a mess, mostly because of the outbound call route, but . . .

You just need to add the bolded sections to yours.

If the outboundcallroute wasn't garbled with extra stuff you'll probably never use, you wouldn't need to even stick 311 in there to direct it to SP1.

Logically, what happens is you dial from the phone port. 311. And if there's a phone port digitmap match for |311|, then that's fine.

From there, the outboundcallroute in the phone port section routes where the 311 call goes. And mine gets rid of a lot of extra stuff I'm not using.
Mine looks something like {**0:aa},{***:aa2},{222222222:pp},{(Msp1):sp1},{(Msp2):sp2},{(Mvg1):vg1}
Mine actually has more stuff than that, but it suffices as an example.

**0 gets me to the auto attendant. (aa)
*** gets me to the ATA/device attendant (AA2)
222222222 is the OBi echo test (sent to phone port or pp)
M = digit map for the corresponding service provider or voice gateway

So 311 travels from the left to right for a match in the outboundcallroute. The first thing that works/matches is Msp1 (m = the digitmap, in this case, for SP1). So I don't need anything in the phone port outboundcallroute telling it where 311 needs to go. I don't have 911 listed in my phone port outboundcallroute either (it's listed in my ITSP Profile A digit map). And my ITSP Profile A digit map (msp1) defines that when 311 is entered, the actual 10 digit number will be sent.

Anyway, for you, you'll see something like the following, below (it won't be exactly the same; that doesn't matter). You just need to add the small bolded sections to yours. That should work.
Don't copy and paste everything below. Just add the bolded sections to your existing plan.

By the way, Part A was missing from Mango's suggestion. I suspect if that were added, it would work.

A. Physical Interfaces->Phone Port-->DigitMap

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|311|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

B. Physical Interfaces->Phone Port-->Outboundcallroute

{911:sp1},{933:sp1},{311:sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

C. Service Providers-->ITSP Profile A--> General-->Digitmap
(*xx|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1areacode>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<311:16135802400>|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

areacode = your 3 digit area code

Hopefully you can figure things out from this.