No incoming call

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Live Large
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2
Firmware Version: 3.122(LS)
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Netgear WNR3500 with tomato

Re: No incoming call

Post by Live Large »

Hi hanke,
Thank you for the suggestion. When I tried to submit a support ticket for this issue, FPL only had paid options (seems like the free support ticket options are only available for the desktop application now, or in the event that the account is blocked, which mine is not), so I was hoping to only use that as a last resort. Looks like I might be nearing my last resort!

Later today I'll try connecting my PAP2 directly to my modem to check if it works. If it does, then it must be a router issue. If it doesn't, then for sure it's a back end problem on FPL side. You also just gave me an idea to try using the desktop application. I'll report back what happens later.

Thanks!
hanke
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Post by hanke »

I thought FPL did support requests but no verbal contact to support itself. Unless things have changed you use to be able to create a support ticket and let the Forrum Support know directly via a Privte Message (giving the ticket #) here in the forum and then forum support can look into it. I hope this is still a process available, but I always thought the FEE involved support from FPL staff contacting you, otherwise the Forum support staff here would look into your matter and give suggestions. The forum moderator is very good here with regards to that process. The support ticket when requested indicates closed due to it being FPL assistance but that is what the moderator needs to use to go further in the process.

I hope this hasnt changed, since it seems out of your control and considering what you have attempted to get it sorted out.
Live Large
Just Passing Thru

Post by Live Large »

Hi hanke,
Maybe I'm missing something, but when I go to the following webpage to submit a request: https://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new, it only provides the following options under "Your Issue Type" and "Freephoneline":
1) My number is blocked
2) Pay per incident support
3) Wholesale inquiry

I don't see any option for "Technical Support" except under the "Freephoneline Desktop Application" or "Fongo Home Phone" or "VoIP Unlock Key". Since I am not using the desktop application, and my number doesn't appear to be blocked, and I'm not with Fongo Home Phone (I have the Freephoneline service), and it doesn't appear to be an issue with the VoIP key, I'm not sure how to get technical support except through their "Pay per incident" option. Is there a different way to submit a ticket for free for Freephoneline?

Thank you for your continued support and trying to help me sort this out!
hanke
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Post by hanke »

I would PM Jake..he seems to know the ins/outs of FPL...he maybe be able to help you out with regards to that and he is very knowledgeable as well as Mango.

I personnaly would try the blocked incident and go with the chance that support could help you or even PM a site moderator with id of "Fongo Support" and see if they can directly help you with your account problem. The key is to get a Ticket number so the moderator can work from there.

Sorry I cant give you anymore answers in relation to this.
Live Large
Just Passing Thru

Post by Live Large »

Thank you hanke. Great suggestions. I'll give it a whirl.

I'll post the solution if/when I find it.
Live Large
Just Passing Thru

Post by Live Large »

Hi everyone,
I promised to post the solution to my incoming calls problem (i.e. going straight to voicemail), so here it is...

I performed a factory reset using this guide: http://www.exoticpages.info/linksys_pap ... edure.html

Then I re-entered all of the settings per the latest instructions from Fongo (August 07, 2015) (see attached file).

Presto. It works now! I'm not sure why it would have been necessary to do a reset since I didn't change any settings in the first place, but sometimes going back to basics is the easiest solution when something doesn't work!

Thank you to Mango, hanke, and of course Fongo support for helping me.
:D
Attachments
Linksys PAP2T ATA Config FreePhoneLine.pdf
(379.11 KiB) Downloaded 558 times
pkumar74
Just Passing Thru

Post by pkumar74 »

Hi,

I am encountering the same issue, no incoming calls despite SPA 2012 shows registered. I am able to call outgoing fine. Either the call goes directly on voicemail or goes to voicemail after 5 rings.

Below are my SPA 2012 details:

1. Software version - 5.2.13(004)
2. Registration State: Registered
3. Hook State: On

I have followed this thread and performed all possible solutions mentioned but nothing is working.

Solutions tried already:-

1. Reset SPA 2102 to factory
2. Flashed firmware
3. *79 DND deactivation

Any help from the members will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

pkumar74 wrote:Hi,

I am encountering the same issue, no incoming calls despite SPA 2012 shows registered. I am able to call outgoing fine. Either the call goes directly on voicemail or goes to voicemail after 5 rings.

Below are my SPA 2012 details:

1. Software version - 5.2.13(004)
2. Registration State: Registered
3. Hook State: On

I have followed this thread and performed all possible solutions mentioned but nothing is working.

Solutions tried already:-

1. Reset SPA 2102 to factory
2. Flashed firmware
3. *79 DND deactivation

Any help from the members will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Hi,

Please provide a screenshot of Admin->Advanced->User1 and User2

Thanks,