I lost my login password for paid sip settings

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

I lost my login password for paid sip settings

Postby Papayaman » 04/27/2016

I have my userid (my freephoneline phone #) but I dont have the email I received from freephoneline with my sip settings and password as my email account was hacked and I never bothered to retrieve the email address.
However my login info and password are in my PAP2T device and I am currently online. I have been using my freephoneline without issues from last several years and never felt the need to look for login information until today when I couldnt login as I had switched over to Rogers high speed which required that I change my proxy from voip.freephoneline.ca to voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060.
I went into the PAP2T configuration menu and was able to make the change and the service came back online.

I didnot have to input the password as I already had it saved in PAP2T menu. But I am wondering if my PAP2T fails (it been several years) I wouldnt be able to login again using another sip device without the login info.
What is the process for getting this information again ? Anybody face a similar situation like mine and who did you contact.

Thanks for your help.
Papayaman
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: PAP2T
ISP Name: Rogers

Re: I lost my login password for paid sip settings

Postby Jake » 04/28/2016

You would have been sent an email initially with your details in it, or it can be found online within your admin area. Ideally you need to regain access to your admin area online.

You will need to contact support through their ticket system https://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new
I think if I was you I would do it sooner rather than later :)
Jake
Technical Support

Postby Papayaman » 04/28/2016

Thanks I opened a ticket as suggested.
Papayaman
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: PAP2T
ISP Name: Rogers

Postby Jake » 04/28/2016

It would be worth sending a PM to Fongo Support here also with the ticket number. Sometimes that helps to get attention faster.

ucp.php?i=pm&mode=compose&u=7852
Jake
Technical Support

Postby ckkatan » 04/30/2016

Papayaman wrote:I have my userid (my freephoneline phone #) but I dont have the email I received from freephoneline with my sip settings and password as my email account was hacked and I never bothered to retrieve the email address.
However my login info and password are in my PAP2T device and I am currently online. I have been using my freephoneline without issues from last several years and never felt the need to look for login information until today when I couldnt login as I had switched over to Rogers high speed which required that I change my proxy from voip.freephoneline.ca to voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060.
I went into the PAP2T configuration menu and was able to make the change and the service came back online.

I didnot have to input the password as I already had it saved in PAP2T menu. But I am wondering if my PAP2T fails (it been several years) I wouldnt be able to login again using another sip device without the login info.
What is the process for getting this information again ? Anybody face a similar situation like mine and who did you contact.

Thanks for your help.

You can find out your SIP password at your FPL web login account.
ckkatan
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Cisco
ISP Name: DSL
Router: Linksys

Return to Community Support