Cisco SP122 No Dial tone all the sudden

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
namnee
Just Passing Thru

Cisco SP122 No Dial tone all the sudden

Post by namnee »

I been using Freephone line some time now. No issue until today. All the sudden there is no dial tone in my phone
I have Firmware 1.3.5(004p_XU001) and i check the configuration and there is no changes
Does any one know how to resolve the issue?
namnee
Just Passing Thru

Re: Cisco SP122 No Dial tone all the sudden

Post by namnee »

any one. please help
hanke
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Post by hanke »

I am sure you have tried these...remove power from ATA wait 30 seconds, power back up....guess you get a valid registration and all lights on the ATA are good. If you still dont get a dial tone try to check your phone connection in the back of the ATA with perhaps a known good working handset. Other than that, only thing guess left to do would be to reset the ATA to default and reload your account details. Sorry I cant give any other suggestions but perhaps some else may.

Further - I had a no registration problem (different than your issue) on my SPA3102 couple of months ago. The ATA had been working fine for several years. I reset my ATA to default, worked for a while like couple hours but returned to the problem. I ended up reloading the current firmware (which I already had on it). Input my account details and settings and it has been working again fine since the firmware reload. So for whatever reason my firmware some how got corrupt. Just thought I would let you!
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Post by mh1983 »

Bad ethernet cable?
hanke
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Post by hanke »

So have you had any success in getting your dial tone or ATA working as it should?