suddenly no incoming calls this morning

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
ctm
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: obi100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0.2815
ISP Name: teksavvy cable 25/2
Computer OS: windows 7

suddenly no incoming calls this morning

Post by ctm »

outgoing calls to local numbers are ok, but when I tested calling from my cell it immediately went to voice mail, no ring tone, "the person you trying to reach is unavailable..." it worked fine for about a week since I configured it following the OBi100 guide here, didn't do anything to it, and this happened suddenly this morning.
lustucru
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-286
Firmware Version: 1.1.0.45
ISP Name: Bell Fibe 300/300
Computer OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bits
Router: Bell hub 1000
Smartphone Model: Moto E
Android Version: Android 6.0

Re: suddenly no incoming calls this morning

Post by lustucru »

The "call forward" may be activated. To disable it, dial *73, hang up and call your FPL number from your cell.
ctm
Quiet One

Post by ctm »

I just tried *73, same thing.

I also tried this morning following the steps on Obi website, http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/sg/inc, and my SIP ALG was disabled, reboot the obi and router, it was OK for the first call from skype, then again when I called from office at noon it went straight to VM. repeated the steps just now, still same thing.

I did however find the solution for domestic long distance call problem and credit card 800 numbers - don't dial "1".

I just noticed the green light in the middle keeps blinking, the power light is green and solid, the phone light is not on - when not making a call. i seem to remember that both power light and phone light should be green and solid? anything wrong with my obi100? I could make calls out no problem though.

checked both cable and phone wire connections, also tried different cables and phone wires, make sure there's no hardware problem, still same thing. what's weird and annoying is it worked fine for a week and this morning for one call after I did what OBi said on its web, then boom back to SOS. could not pin down where the problem is. so buggy.
ctm
Quiet One

Post by ctm »

I have not done anything to it since my last post. it was the same up to this morning, but just now it worked, I could receive the call. totally weird!
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Post by mh1983 »

Glad things are working for you again. I had this issue yesterday, too.
ctm
Quiet One

Post by ctm »

mh1983 wrote:Glad things are working for you again. I had this issue yesterday, too.

it doesn't work now. I tried every day in last couple of days, it seemed always having problem in the morning, and worked in late afternoon or night. have you tested yours? i see you are not using obi100, so it probably not the ATA problem? (dumb Q: ATA means the device like obi100 if I guess right?)