Frequent disconnect android

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
dutty.persian
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP2-NT
ISP Name: teksavvy
Computer OS: windows 7 64bit

Frequent disconnect android

Post by dutty.persian »

Hi,

I've been trying to troubleshoot frequent random disconnects with android over stable fast wifi with QOS and no QOS. The last thread about this was in 2010 and don't think it applies to me since they fixed it on their end.

I've used CSIPsimple, Bria, Zoiper, also the fongo app (not a config file for the app) on a 20mbps line, with and without QOS. I've used on other wifi connections, office, clients, friends. I can't decipher the patterns so far.

On CSIPsimple it goes blank and ends up disconnecting. On zoiper it does the same. On bria, it just disconnects without prompt and goes to home screen. It sometimes happens a lot within an hour and then sometimes I can speak 1 -2 hours without issues.

With the fongo app, it would also prompt a disconnect.

I used the recommended the device settings for an ATA device on my android apps. I've set up 3 different config file freephoneline numbers on ATA devices without any problems. This seems to occur only on my galaxy note 3.

With or without G729, no diff.

So far, during day time is when I get the most frequent disconnects. Yesterday it disconnected without prompt in the middle of sentence about 6 times in 10 minutes.

The 30 second disconnect rule does not apply to this situation.

Can any shed some ideas? My next try will be to swap android phones as I suspect my phone's wifi may be choppy and disconnects for too long such that the apps on android will drop the call. Are there settings to circumvent this? help!!

Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Android 5.0
kernel version 3.4.0-4348112
unlocked OS. stock rom
never flash a custom rom.
bridonca
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Re: Frequent disconnect android

Post by bridonca »

What do you have for a router? Usually these problems occur because the router firmware is substandard.
dutty.persian
Just Passing Thru

Post by dutty.persian »

I have an asus rt-n66u with tomato firmware on it. QOS enabled and I'm dedicated way way way more than necessary bandwidth to my phone. I have fixed ip for my phone. port forwarding all kinds.

This occurs on different routers: office routers, friends routers, etc.

Just to clarify, I'm not referring to choppiness. I'm talking normally and hearing normally and then BAM the conversation is gone, phone is back to home screen as if there was never a call. How can I find out what my phone is doing at the time. As in, is there some sort of debug mode for bria or zoiper that could explain how it's handling freephoneline? Like an error code?
bridonca
Technical Support

Post by bridonca »

I would still bet it is a router issue, but it might be the one on the modem. Your wireless router and firmware look to be good though. What do you have for an internet carrier, and what is the modem? If you can find a way to get the modem router in bridge mode, and let the wifi router do all the work, that solves a lot of VOIP problems.
dutty.persian
Just Passing Thru

Post by dutty.persian »

HI,

thanks for the replies guys.

here's the info:

ISP: teksavvy cable 20mbps/10mbps (videotron)
modem: thomson DCM475
dutty.persian
Just Passing Thru

Post by dutty.persian »

according to some research , the thomson DCM475 is always in bridge mode. Does that mean that your recommendation to put it in bridge mode will not apply to this situation?

and here's a VOIP test. hopefully this is a reliable test

dutty.persian
Just Passing Thru

Post by dutty.persian »

bump
dutty.persian
Just Passing Thru

Post by dutty.persian »

bump
bridonca
Technical Support

Post by bridonca »

I am still not sure what the problem is. Try the Android on someone else's internet connection to see if it your network, or the phone, that is giving you issues. If it is the network, have a chat with teksavvy, and see what they can do for you. Could also be a Fongo issue, but I cannot see how.