No incoming call

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
pcurator
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Windows 8
Router: WNDR3700
Smartphone Model: HTC Amaze
Android Version: 4.04

No incoming call

Post by pcurator »

Hello,

I've a SPA122 router. I can dail out but people cannot call me. When they called me, they get this message "Sorry, the number you're trying to call does not exist". I tried to call using my cell and i get the same thing. Anyone knows why?

Thanks,
Jake
Technical Support

Re: No incoming call

Post by Jake »

You will need to send in a support ticket on this one, it sounds account related. The links are in my sig.
ZOUAVE
Just Passing Thru

Post by ZOUAVE »

Hello

I create a support ticket because I have the same problem

@+
Zouave
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

ZOUAVE wrote:Hello

I create a support ticket because I have the same problem

@+
Zouave
Hi there,

Your issue might be different.

Customer reporting this issue had issues receiving calls after his port.

You are not in the same situation and for you it should work as long as your third party ATA or PBX is setup correctly.

Thanks,
tsiv
One Hit Wonder

Post by tsiv »

I have the same issue from september 25th 2014 evening.
tamd
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2
Firmware Version: 3.1.22(LS)
ISP Name: Cable from Altima Telecom
Computer OS: XP pro
Router: Linksys

Post by tamd »

I got a confirmation of my cancelled landline and this landline has been transferred to my free phone number. The configuration of SIP on Linksys PAP2 adapter seemed right because all green lights are solid lit on the device. I used this ( http://voipfan.net/ATAs/PAP2_freephoneline.php ) to set up. My internet provider is cable-based Altima Telecom. There is no service when I call the landline which is now the free phone line ($25.00 transfer). What am I missing here? please help. Do I need to create a support ticket and how?

Another question: In case I'm not home, how can I receive calls to my cell phone via this free phone number?
tamd
Just Passing Thru

Post by tamd »

(I send this message second time because I did not see it on my post.)
I received the confirmation of the complete transfer the landline to the free phone line today. The configuration of SIP on my Linksys PAP2 VoIP seemed right because I got all solid lit green lights on the device. I can make a call from this free phone line to any phones but another way around. My internet provider is cable-based Altima Telecom. Am I missing something? Please help.

Another question: How can I receive calls to my cell phone via the free phone line while I'm out of home?
Thanks
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

I would suggest using this guide rather than that one http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16294

Some people have reported it takes a while for a ported number to sort itself out, but I think that is mainly on the other telcos end.

If you want to receive calls on your cell, you need to access your online admin and put your phone number in the forwarding box, and then choose if you want it to call all the time, or just when you are un available.
tamd
Just Passing Thru

Post by tamd »

I am using Linksys adapter and so far I can call and receive calls between the free phone line and cells (phone forwarding). My question is sometimes I want to use a phone which is jacked to a wall phone line instead of cell phone (let say cell phone ran out of juice). How can i manage that?

Another question: is it necessary to get a VoIP app out there for my celll phone?

Thanks.
tamd
Just Passing Thru

Post by tamd »

tamd
Just Passing Thru

Post by tamd »

Jake wrote:I would suggest using this guide rather than that one http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16294

Some people have reported it takes a while for a ported number to sort itself out, but I think that is mainly on the other telcos end.

If you want to receive calls on your cell, you need to access your online admin and put your phone number in the forwarding box, and then choose if you want it to call all the time, or just when you are un available.
Thanks for your reply.
I followed your suggestion: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16294 to set up the SIP
Here is the problem: I can make a call but cannot talk from or receive calls to my free phone line. please help.
Bing Kol
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (LS)
ISP Name: CarryTel 25/10 DSL
Router: pfSense i5-3470

Post by Bing Kol »

@tamd

-Power off your modem.
-Connect your PAP2 to modem.
-Power on modem, then after 1 minute power on your PAP2.
-Make test calls. If you still have the same problems, ask Fongo Support to force-register your account (should be free since the problem is at their end). However, if everything works when making your test calls, then you have a local configuration problem (and you will be charged for support if you call).
Live Large
Just Passing Thru
Firmware Version: 3.122(LS)
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Netgear WNR3500 with tomato

Post by Live Large »

Hello,
I have a PAP2 that I've been using for a long time with Freephoneline without any issues. Out of the blue, starting yesterday I can no longer receive incoming calls. Incoming calls go directly to voicemail and the caller hears "the person you are trying to reach is not available".

Also, when I pick up my phone to make an outgoing call, I hear an intermittent dial tone 5 times and then the regular dial tone. This is as if there is a message waiting, but there are no messages waiting, and in any event, I have the "message waiting indicator" turned off. I have never heard this intermittent dial tone over the many years I have been using Freephoneline until just yesterday. So this is a new development yesterday along with the inability to receive incoming calls.

I have not changed any of my settings. I have not adjusted anything on my side. Today I have checked all settings in my PAP2 with the recommended settings and everything is as it should be.

I believe something must have changed on Freephoneline's side yesterday to cause these issues. Can anyone please advise what has happened to cause this change in service, and please advise how it can be rectified so I can receive calls again and so I don't hear that intermittent dial tone prior to the regular dial tone?

Thank you.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

Live Large wrote:Hello,
I have a PAP2 that I've been using for a long time with Freephoneline without any issues. Out of the blue, starting yesterday I can no longer receive incoming calls. Incoming calls go directly to voicemail and the caller hears "the person you are trying to reach is not available".

Also, when I pick up my phone to make an outgoing call, I hear an intermittent dial tone 5 times and then the regular dial tone. This is as if there is a message waiting, but there are no messages waiting, and in any event, I have the "message waiting indicator" turned off. I have never heard this intermittent dial tone over the many years I have been using Freephoneline until just yesterday. So this is a new development yesterday along with the inability to receive incoming calls.

I have not changed any of my settings. I have not adjusted anything on my side. Today I have checked all settings in my PAP2 with the recommended settings and everything is as it should be.

I believe something must have changed on Freephoneline's side yesterday to cause these issues. Can anyone please advise what has happened to cause this change in service, and please advise how it can be rectified so I can receive calls again and so I don't hear that intermittent dial tone prior to the regular dial tone?

Thank you.
Hi there,

It looks like your ATA is rejecting all calls.

Please follow Jake's suggestion:

http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... er1#p44658

Let me know.

Thanks,
Live Large
Just Passing Thru

Post by Live Large »

Duuuuuuuude.... You're awesome! I've been trying to figure this out for hours, searching on forums, Googling, etc. You figured it out in 2 seconds. THANK YOU!

Don't know how it's possible that these features became activated though. No one here but me and the Mrs, and neither of us even used the phone yesterday. Oh well. It works now!

Thanks again. Very happy!
:D
Live Large
Just Passing Thru

Post by Live Large »

Hello,
I hope someone's out there to help again...

There was a power failure on Sunday in the area, and since then I can't receive any incoming calls through my PAP2. All incoming calls go straight to voicemail. Everything was working fine since last year until now. I double checked all settings with latest settings posted by Jake, tried changing the proxy to the new one for Rogers (I'm with Rogers), tried the previous solution to unblock and unforward... but nothing. Outgoing calls work perfectly fine.

Any ideas out there please?

Thank you.
Live Large
Just Passing Thru

Post by Live Large »

Hello again,
Update to my post yesterday...

When I check the call logs, it shows that each incoming call registers twice: Once it says "Normal call clearing" and the other log says "Internetworking, unspecified". Sometimes the "Normal call clearing" comes first, sometimes the "Internetworking, unspecified" comes first.

When I go back a few days, it used to just say "Normal call clearing", although that message used to only appear once for each call. Then it started appearing twice for each call (even though I was not getting incoming calls for the past few days), and now I am getting the two messages stated above for each call.

Please help! :cry:

Thank you.
Live Large
Just Passing Thru

Post by Live Large »

Can anyone please help? Any suggestions to my post above?
Thank you.
Mango
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Router: Toastman Tomato

Post by Mango »

I'm sorry I don't know what's wrong. I can give some general troubleshooting instructions which might help.

From the FreePhoneLine.ca website, navigate to Follow Me Settings and set Status to Disable.

Navigate to Voicemail Settings and set Rings Before Voicemail to 5.

Please double check the User tab of your ATA. Be sure no Cfwd XXX Dest settings are configured, and DND Setting is set to No.

Please navigate to the Line tab of your ATA and set SIP Port to 29637. If you are not currently using the Rogers proxy (voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060) please put it back in place.

Double check that Register is set to Yes and Register Expires is set to 3600.

Save, reboot, and test. If incoming calls still do not work, keep reading.

Check the Info page of your ATA. Report the following:

Hook State
Registration State
Next Registration In

Check the Status >> Overview page of your Tomato router. Report the first two octets of your WAN IP Address, keeping the last few numbers to yourself to protect your privacy.

Finally, let us know the model number of your modem, and your modem's firmware version if you have access to it.

Good luck,
Mango
Live Large
Just Passing Thru

Post by Live Large »

Hi Mango,
Thank you so much for your response and suggestions. As soon as I get home I'll try them!

The model number of my PAP2 is PAP2-NA. My PAP2's firmware is 3.1.22(LS). My modem's model number is Netgear WNR3500U/WNR3500L. My modem's firmware is:
Tomato Firmware v1.28.7500 MIPSR2Toastman-RT K26 USB Ext (based on TomatoUSB by Fedor Kozhevnikov).

I'll post the results tomorrow morning after trying what you have suggested.

Thanks again, Mango. Much appreciated!
Live Large
Just Passing Thru

Post by Live Large »

Hi Mango,
So here are the results after applying the suggested process:
1) Follow me settings were disabled (I had only enabled them after I couldn't get the incoming calls to work, so I didn't think this would be the issue)
2) Rings Before Voicemail were already set to 5.
3) I confirmed that no Cfwd XXX Dest settings were configured, and DND Setting was already set to No.
4) I set SIP Port to 29637 (was previously 5060).
5) I was already using the Rogers proxy (voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060).
6) I double checked that Register was already set to Yes and Register Expires is set to 3600.

I saved, the PAP2 automatically rebooted, and then I retested. Result of test: Still no incoming calls (goes straight to voicemail).

Reporting as requested:
Hook State: On
Registration State: Online
Last Registration At: 7/27/2015 07:49:00
Next Registration In: 3569 s

My modem's model number is Netgear WNR3500U/WNR3500L. My modem's firmware is:
Tomato Firmware v1.28.7500 MIPSR2Toastman-RT K26 USB Ext (based on TomatoUSB by Fedor Kozhevnikov).

I am sending you my WAN IP address by PM, just in case I send the wrong thing or send too much.

I am completely confounded. Everything was working perfectly and all of a sudden it just stopped. Someone reset the matrix and messed up my VoIP in the process. lol

Thank you for your help and time, Mango.
Mango
Tried and True

Post by Mango »

If I understand it correctly, when people call your number, they immediately hear your voicemail without ringing, correct?

I suggest you disconnect only the RJ11 telephone cable from your ATA, and use your cell phone to make a test call to your ATA. For this test, your ATA should be connected to the internet, power, and nothing else - not even a disconnected cable. Obviously, your home phone won't ring, but if there are five rings before you hear voicemail, that would indicate an electrical problem somewhere. In that case you should try replacing the phone and the phone cable.

Beyond that - I'm stumped. If you wish, you could download the free version of Zoiper and test with that, to isolate the problem to your ATA (or not).

FTR, his router is receiving a public IP address and his modem is therefore in bridge mode.
Mango
Tried and True

Post by Mango »

One other setting I didn't have you check yet is NAT Keep Alive Enable: Yes.
Live Large
Just Passing Thru

Post by Live Large »

Hi Mango,
You are correct, when people call my number, they immediately hear my voicemail without ringing. My NAT Keep Alive Enable was already set to Yes. And you are correct about my modem being in bridge mode. I am using my Netgear router to distribute the internet connection to my devices.

I tried disconnecting the RJ11 telephone cable as suggested, and used my cell to call my ATA. It still went directly to voicemail. I guess the only thing left to try is Zoiper.

I'm really stumped as well. I didn't change any settings and didn't do anything to the configuration that has been working without any problems since last year. Very strange indeed.

Thank you for trying and the additional suggestions. If you have any others, I'm all ears!
hanke
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(GW002)
ISP Name: Cogeco Cable
Router: DPC3848VM (Modem/Router)

Post by hanke »

I think what you have done to try and correct with the suggestions from Mango..almost looks like there is something on the back end of your account. Not sure if you have requested FPL to reset your account. I am not an expert but its worth a try! I feel sorry that you are having to jump through hoops to get it going the way it should be!

Good Luck