FPL Call Fwd Not working

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Shaf77
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.1.10(GW)
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: Windows 7

FPL Call Fwd Not working

Post by Shaf77 »

What's going on at FPL?? There always seems to be an issue recently.... Others not able to hear and now starting today, anyone calling forwards directly to my cell. Does not ring at home...
Shaf77
Active Poster

Re: FPL Call Fwd Not working

Post by Shaf77 »

Tried disabling FM settings and when trying to call my number it goes straight to VM.

Added my cell back and it fwds, without ringing..
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

That sounds like your ATA is not registered.

Were you registered to voip2 by any chance? If so you need to double check your settings and make sure all your registry timers are correct.
Shaf77
Active Poster

Post by Shaf77 »

Jake wrote:That sounds like your ATA is not registered.

Were you registered to voip2 by any chance? If so you need to double check your settings and make sure all your registry timers are correct.
It is registered... Using voip2

Registry timers??

BTW - This was working fine until this morning...
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Make sure all the settings are correct according to this http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials

The reason you probably moved to voip2 is probably the same reason you are not getting calls now.
I am guessing here, but pay attention to the "Register Expires" setting under the Line 1 tab. Make sure it is at least 3600 and not less.
Shaf77
Active Poster

Post by Shaf77 »

Jake wrote:Make sure all the settings are correct according to this http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials

The reason you probably moved to voip2 is probably the same reason you are not getting calls now.
I am guessing here, but pay attention to the "Register Expires" setting under the Line 1 tab. Make sure it is at least 3600 and not less.
I had moved to voip2 long long ago.. I have made no changes at all in at least a year. Tried voip (without 2), and still sames issues.

Checked my registry expires setting it's been at 180 all the time. I just changed it to 3600 and same issues still exist.

Thanks for the link. Went through those settings and they all match what I have (except for the registry one that I changed).
cid
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: spa3102
Firmware Version: 5.1.10
ISP Name: Shaw Cable

Post by cid »

Sorry about hijacking the thread, but i was having some issues with incoming calls and registration. Seeing the last post, I have corrected the expiry time on my device. It is now set to 3600 seconds however, i noticed fpl is still not accepting the request. Will the server accept it again after an hour automatically or will I need to contact support?
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

The chances are your connection was being blocked because of a too frequent registration period. It puts a temporary block against your account. This is a change that has just happened to the voip2 server.

The easiest way to fix this is to switch off the ATA (or unregister the trunk) for 20 minutes or so. By that time the block should have been lifted.

I get caught by this now and again because I make changes in my PBX and keep applying the config after everything I change, this reloads the PBX and sends another registration request in. So just give it time and you should find it fixes itself, but if you can turn it off for 20 minutes or so it will be better.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

cid wrote:Sorry about hijacking the thread, but i was having some issues with incoming calls and registration. Seeing the last post, I have corrected the expiry time on my device. It is now set to 3600 seconds however, i noticed fpl is still not accepting the request. Will the server accept it again after an hour automatically or will I need to contact support?
Hi there,

are you running Freebpx?

If you do- please change Freepbx->Asterisk sip settings as per attached.

Thanks,
Attachments
asterisk_june.png
cid
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: spa3102
Firmware Version: 5.1.10
ISP Name: Shaw Cable

Post by cid »

I'm still using Trixbox. I have manually entered the missing settings in the sip_general_custom.conf file and it's now registered.

Thanks!
Shaf77
Active Poster

Post by Shaf77 »

Jake wrote:The chances are your connection was being blocked because of a too frequent registration period. It puts a temporary block against your account. This is a change that has just happened to the voip2 server.

The easiest way to fix this is to switch off the ATA (or unregister the trunk) for 20 minutes or so. By that time the block should have been lifted.

I get caught by this now and again because I make changes in my PBX and keep applying the config after everything I change, this reloads the PBX and sends another registration request in. So just give it time and you should find it fixes itself, but if you can turn it off for 20 minutes or so it will be better.
Thanks. I have just powered off the ATA. Will leave it off for a while and report back.
Shaf77
Active Poster

Post by Shaf77 »

I turned off the ATA for an hour. Still the same :(

Now what??

@User Cid - Please can you create your own thread?
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Your best bet now is to open a support ticket and ask them directly. They can see a lot more than we can guess at here. The links are in my sig.

Let us know how you get on as your fix may help others in the future.
Shaf77
Active Poster

Post by Shaf77 »

I have opened a ticket.

Got a great response! It's working now.

Aggressive timers were noted as the issues.
gculley
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA2
Firmware Version: 5.2.12
Router: Dlink DIR-655

Post by gculley »

Can you tell us which timers? I'm having the same problem. However, I find that I keep having to press *73 to fix my incoming calls, but that only helps for a short while.
gculley
Just Passing Thru

Post by gculley »

Can you tell us which timers? I'm having the same problem. However, I find that I keep having to press *73 to fix my incoming calls, but that only helps for a short while.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

gculley wrote:Can you tell us which timers? I'm having the same problem. However, I find that I keep having to press *73 to fix my incoming calls, but that only helps for a short while.
Go through this guide http://forum.fongo.com/download/file.php?id=1048.

It is for the PAP2T but should be near enough for your ATA. Make sure you use the numbers in the guide linked to above (http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials). I am not sure if the values in the guide I have linked to here has the correct values added as it has changed over the years.
gculley
Just Passing Thru

Post by gculley »

Thanks for the info. I found the timing parameters earlier today and set them to the values shown in your first link. So far so good.
gculley
Just Passing Thru

Post by gculley »

I've gone through all the settings you suggested and still no luck. All our calls still go straight through to voicemail until we press *73 to disable call forwarding, but that doesn't seem to last for too long and we have to do it again.

This all started about a month ago. I've also placed my SPA in a DMZ on the router, so ports shouldn't be an issue.

I've attached a Word document with my SPA settings, which seems to have all your recommended settings. Could you perhaps take a look?
Attachments
SPASettings.doc
SPA Settings
(249 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

gculley wrote:I've gone through all the settings you suggested and still no luck. All our calls still go straight through to voicemail until we press *73 to disable call forwarding, but that doesn't seem to last for too long and we have to do it again.

This all started about a month ago. I've also placed my SPA in a DMZ on the router, so ports shouldn't be an issue.

I've attached a Word document with my SPA settings, which seems to have all your recommended settings. Could you perhaps take a look?
Hi there,

What sip port is used by Line1?

I have noticed that you are using 5060 on Line2. If line 1 uses 5060, please use 5061 or 5062 for Line2.

One more note- second preferred codedc G729 a and third preferred codec G711u (as per the document that Jake suggested)

Also, putting the IP of the ATA in DMZ is a very bad practice and will expose the ATA

Please remove it if not done already.

Thanks,
gculley
Just Passing Thru

Post by gculley »

Thanks for the reply.

I only put my ATA in DMZ once this problem started about a month ago, just to eliminate one of the possible variables.

My other line is using port 5080, and it re-registers with its service every 3 minutes.

I've re-set my second preferred codec to G729a (that's was I always used to have set to before this problem started), but why would I have my third preferred codec to G711u when that is my first preferred codec?
gculley
Just Passing Thru

Post by gculley »

Quick update: Updating the preferred codecs didn't help. We're always able to make outgoing calls, but it seems that we have to keep pressing *73 every couple of hours or we stop receiving calls (they go straight to voicemail).
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

Just a thought. Dialling *73 only effects things inside the ATA, it doesn't change anything FPL's side. I'm sure you would have caught it by now if someone was accidentally dialling a call forwarding number, so the only other thing I can think is that the ATA might be playing up. Under the user 1 tab, do you have anything in the cwfd boxes at the top?

I would also consider doing a factory reset and reprogramming and seeing if that clears up the problem.
gculley
Just Passing Thru

Post by gculley »

Great catch Jake! I checked the User1 tab and there was a number there for the call forward field. I've now cleared it and put my ATA back behind the firewall.

I won't know for a day or so if the problem is actually fixed, but I'm feeling pretty confident.