can't hear other side voice when make call or receive call

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Can not hear anything!!

Postby tamojits » 05/18/2014

I am not able to hear anything when I make or receive a call. The person on the other end can hear me though! And I can hear my voice mail too!

I am using the softphone in my windows pc using a rogers broadband. Any help or suggestion will be very much appreciated...
tamojits
One Hit Wonder

Computer OS: Windows

Person i called can't hear me when I called

Postby ediboy » 05/23/2014

Hi everyone,
Please help!! It's been a week now without home phone after porting.
My set up: Teksavvy - DSL dry loop
SPA -112
Router -D link 821 L
Please help me on my Freephoneline set up. I'm using - sip.fongo.com
The only one I'm missing is if I made a call, the party I'm calling can hear me but I can't hear.
Please let me know what set up I'm missed.
I'm from cambridge, Ontario
anyone's help is very much appreciated. my wife was already so mad at me.

thanks in advance
ediboy
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: spa112
Firmware Version: 1.3.3
ISP Name: teksavvy dsl
Computer OS: wndows 7
Router: dlink821L

Call gets interrupted after 1 minute

Postby Phoneline78 » 05/29/2014

Hello,

I have a Cisco SPA 112 Two Port Phone Adapter. My inbound and outbound calls with people outside Fongo network get interrupted after one minute. People from the other end can still hear me after 1 minute, but I can't hear them. Can you please advise what settings should I change to make it work. With people from Fongo network I do not have this problem.

Thanks,
Codruta
Phoneline78
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA 112 Two Port Adapter
Firmware Version: 1.3.2(014)May 9 2013
ISP Name: ACANAC CABLE
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: TL-WDR4300

Phone not working after port

Postby Scoticus » 06/14/2014

I'm helping my father in law get his home phone and ATA working. It was working until the port occurred, now it does not any more. When calling to land lines and certain cell phones, there is no audio heard on the phone but the person on the other end can hear. You also can't hear the phone ringing sound in the earpiece.

So far I've tried:
Forwarding Ports
DMZ
Reset the ATA and tried settings again

Same issues no matter what. I had him log into my ATA with his username and password at my house, still same issue there. Changed the username and password back to mine, worked fine again. It's clearly not an issue with any of the hardware being used and not a settings issue, as it works fine with my username and login and has one sided audio with his on the same equipment. Just wondering if you guys can fix the issues on your end, or what I need to do to get it fixed.
Scoticus
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: PAP2T
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: windows 7
Router: multiple

Re: Phone not working after port

Postby Fongo Support » 06/14/2014

Scoticus wrote:I'm helping my father in law get his home phone and ATA working. It was working until the port occurred, now it does not any more. When calling to land lines and certain cell phones, there is no audio heard on the phone but the person on the other end can hear. You also can't hear the phone ringing sound in the earpiece.

So far I've tried:
Forwarding Ports
DMZ
Reset the ATA and tried settings again

Same issues no matter what. I had him log into my ATA with his username and password at my house, still same issue there. Changed the username and password back to mine, worked fine again. It's clearly not an issue with any of the hardware being used and not a settings issue, as it works fine with my username and login and has one sided audio with his on the same equipment. Just wondering if you guys can fix the issues on your end, or what I need to do to get it fixed.

Hi there,

You should probably open a support ticket for this issue.

Please send me a PM if you have any issues with the ticket.

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

One way voice on new number

Postby me2pls » 06/15/2014

Hello,
I have a new number I was trying to test and am only getting one way voice. I cannot hear anything on my end. The other party can hear me. I have another freephoneline number for my house phone that works fine no issues. So to rule out my new ATA and any config issue, I put the username and password in the working ATA and I get the same issue.??? any ideas?
me2pls
One Hit Wonder

Re: One way voice on new number

Postby Fongo Support » 06/15/2014

me2pls wrote:Hello,
I have a new number I was trying to test and am only getting one way voice. I cannot hear anything on my end. The other party can hear me. I have another freephoneline number for my house phone that works fine no issues. So to rule out my new ATA and any config issue, I put the username and password in the working ATA and I get the same issue.??? any ideas?

Hi there,

You should probably open a support ticket for this issue.

http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

Please send me a PM if you have any issues with the ticket.

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

No Sound from Other side

Postby A70Plus » 06/15/2014

I can not hear another side's voices recently. The other side can hear my voice.

I have purchased the unlock code 2 years ago. The phone works very good, but recently it doesn't work.
A70Plus
Just Passing Thru

Re: No Sound from Other side

Postby bridonca » 06/16/2014

What do you have for a router, modem and ATA? Power down all 3, and see what happens.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

No voice from my side when calling

Postby keyurb » 06/17/2014

I have a issue with my service as when I call from it other end can't hear me and if I receive a call then it works normal. Can you suggest me what is the problem as I have a SPA PAP2T NA phone adapter
keyurb
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA3102
Firmware Version: 5.1.10(GW)
ISP Name: Acanac
Computer OS: Windows XP

Re: No voice from my side when calling

Postby Fongo Support » 06/17/2014

keyurb wrote:I have a issue with my service as when I call from it other end can't hear me and if I receive a call then it works normal. Can you suggest me what is the problem as I have a SPA PAP2T NA phone adapter

Hi there,

What is the model of your Internet Modem and of your wireless router?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Problem with new FPL account, but my old FPL account works..

Postby himalayan » 06/21/2014

Setting up a new FPL account for parents with Cisco SPA112, but only get one way voice...Cant hear from the outside party.

- I check all configuration, and following the the config guideline, not help..
- I test with the Linksys PAP2 (which is working on my existing FPL), same problem ... only get one way voice.
- I tried to reset all router, Cabel model... not help...
- Tested in my parents home, they use CIK tel, and tested in my home, I use Acanac... Both have same problem..

Seems the problem is associated with the new account only...
Please help..
himalayan
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Cisco SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 (014) May 9 20
Router: Linksys E3000

Re: Problem with new FPL account, but my old FPL account wor

Postby bridonca » 06/21/2014

Disable SIP AGP from the Linksys E3000 router, forward RTP ports 16384 to 16438 from the router to the SPA112 ATA, On the SPA112 Proxy Server and Network Registration Settings, make sure the Register Expires setting is set at 3600.

Save everything, power down the modem, ATA and router, and see what happens.
bridonca
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Netgear WGR615V
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: Eastlink
Computer OS: XP

Postby himalayan » 06/22/2014

Thanks, but still not work :(

I tested with both DLink Rounter - SPA112 and Linksys E3000 - Linksys PAP2, unfortunately get same result: Old FPL work, New FPL number only get one way sound... ;(
himalayan
Just Passing Thru

Firmware Version: 1.3.2 (014) May 9 20
Router: Linksys E3000

Postby Fongo Support » 06/22/2014

himalayan wrote:Thanks, but still not work :(

I tested with both DLink Rounter - SPA112 and Linksys E3000 - Linksys PAP2, unfortunately get same result: Old FPL work, New FPL number only get one way sound... ;(

Hi there,

You may need to open a support ticket for this issue:

http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

Regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

FPL does not work well after chaning internet service

Postby sunforest » 06/22/2014

Recently, I changed my internet service provider from Rogers to CIK. The FPL does not work very well since then. When calling out, I can't hear the ring. As to receiving call, sometimes I can't hear the caller after answering the call. I need the expert's help to solve this problem. The router/modem comes from CIK. The model is HG-A800 (FTTN/ADSL). Thank you very much!
sunforest
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys RPT300
ISP Name: CIK ADSL
Router: CIK HG-A88

FPL does not work well after chaning internet service

Postby sunforest » 06/22/2014

Recently, I change my internet service provider from Rogers to CIK. The FPL has not been working well since then. For outgoing calls, I can't hear the ring. For the incoming call, I can't hear the caller, and the caller can't hear me either. I need an expert's advice to solve this problem. The modem comes from CIK. The model# is CIK HG-A800(FTTN/ADSL). My SIP devices is Linksys RPT300. Thank you very much!
sunforest
Just Passing Thru

Phone does not work well after using CIK modem/router

Postby sunforest » 06/23/2014

Recently, I change my internet service provider from Rogers to CIK. The FPL has not been working well since then. For outgoing calls, I can't hear the ring. For the incoming call, I can't hear the caller, and the caller can't hear me either. I need an expert's advice to solve this problem. The modem comes from CIK. The model# is CIK HG-A800(FTTN/ADSL). My SIP devices is Linksys RPT300. Thank you very much!
sunforest
Just Passing Thru

Re: Phone does not work well after using CIK modem/router

Postby Fongo Support » 06/23/2014

sunforest wrote:Recently, I change my internet service provider from Rogers to CIK. The FPL has not been working well since then. For outgoing calls, I can't hear the ring. For the incoming call, I can't hear the caller, and the caller can't hear me either. I need an expert's advice to solve this problem. The modem comes from CIK. The model# is CIK HG-A800(FTTN/ADSL). My SIP devices is Linksys RPT300. Thank you very much!

Hi there,

You might need to open a support ticket for this issue.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=15120#p61246

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

the freephoneline user cannot hear anything

Postby luobo » 07/01/2014

I am using freephoneline Windows desktop version.
For outgoing calls, I can't hear the ring, nor the other end voice. The other end can hear me.
For the incoming call, I can't hear the caller, and the caller can't hear me either.
All firewalls and security have been disabled.

Calls between freephoneline/ fongo numbers are OK.
luobo
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: SPA122
ISP Name: shaw cable
Computer OS: windows7

Re: can't hear other side voice when make call or receive ca

Postby judben » 07/07/2014

Have you resolved our issue, I have the same one with a similar SIP device.
judben
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: SAP112
Firmware Version: 1.3.3 (015)
ISP Name: BELL
Computer OS: Windows 8.1
Router: Sagecomm 2864

Postby jackfan » 07/13/2014

I am having the same issue

I have just purchased unlock key, and porting my home number is on the way, not sure if I will re-submit the request after my home number is ported.
Just have new FPL account, Bell Fibr internet user with Sagemcom Fast 2864 modem/router, ATA is Cisco SPA112, setup all port forwarding and even put ATA in DMZ, but I have still had problem hear other side voice when make call or receive call, there is dial tone when call out, but no ring tone.
jackfan
Just Passing Thru

ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Router: Sagemcom Fast 2864

Postby jackfan » 07/13/2014

:D Problem solved, Thanks for the quick response and help from Fongo Support, I send request and PM at 1AM, they solved the problem and email me back 2 hours later (midnight). I just checked it this morning, it is working now even without restarting the ATA.

The solution is the same as others mentioned in the thread: verified account and forced a registration. but why couldn't this necessary process apply to my account automatically when I purchased the unlock key? I am IT guy and familiar with network, router setting etc. it took me some time to tried out all setting and found out something has to be done on FPL side, this process can't be done by ourselves, I can't imagine how frustrated the people are if they have the same issue, but less IT knowledge, VOIP still has long way to go to everyone's home.

Porting my current home phone number is on the way, I am not sure if the account needs verified and forced a registration again, finger crossed.
jackfan
Just Passing Thru

ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Router: Sagemcom Fast 2864

local calls OK, but long distance calls problematic

Postby ctm » 07/17/2014

same problem recurs - can't hear other side when making long distance calls

The old, same problem recurred just minutes ago when I made a long distance call, can't hear the other side, then after about a minute it disconnected, and again I was charged 6 cents. So far I have been charged about 50 cents. though 6 cents is not a big issue, but it adds up quickly and very annoying because I don't know if the next call will be like this again, and every time I try I have to be prepared to be charged 6 cents. From last 2 months experience, it seems the problem never actually fixed, it happens every now and then, ok for 2 or 3 calls (long distance) then next one or two you get problem like this. it's getting really annoying. if this continues, I will have to use other long distance options, it's a lose-lose situation for both Fongo and me.
ctm
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: obi100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0.2815
ISP Name: teksavvy cable 25/2
Computer OS: windows 7

Re: local calls OK, but long distance calls problematic

Postby Fongo Support » 07/17/2014

ctm wrote:same problem recurs - can't hear other side when making long distance calls

The old, same problem recurred just minutes ago when I made a long distance call, can't hear the other side, then after about a minute it disconnected, and again I was charged 6 cents. So far I have been charged about 50 cents. though 6 cents is not a big issue, but it adds up quickly and very annoying because I don't know if the next call will be like this again, and every time I try I have to be prepared to be charged 6 cents. From last 2 months experience, it seems the problem never actually fixed, it happens every now and then, ok for 2 or 3 calls (long distance) then next one or two you get problem like this. it's getting really annoying. if this continues, I will have to use other long distance options, it's a lose-lose situation for both Fongo and me.

Hi there,

If you have a Obi device, please try to configure it as per below:

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16196

Best regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support