No voicemails but phone shows there is one?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
joeschmoe
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6

No voicemails but phone shows there is one?

Post by joeschmoe »

Hi,
Got a bit of a weird issue with my Panasonic cordless phones, had a voicemail yesterday which I deleted via the website control panel, but the light on the phone still blinks and I get the tone indicating there is a voicemail waiting. Dialing *98, automated system says no voicemail waiting... so what gives? I know I can change my PAP2T setting for "message waiting" to 'no', but that's a workaround, not a fix - how do I clear that 'ghost' voicemail? Should I have deleted it through the *98 system instead of the online account mgmt?
46jimbo
Active Poster
SIP Device Name: Grandstream 286
Router: Asus RT-N13U Rev.B1

Re: No voicemails but phone shows there is one?

Post by 46jimbo »

Try rebooting your ATA box.
joeschmoe
Just Passing Thru

Post by joeschmoe »

Did that, no change... right now the only way to get rid of this annoying voicemail reminder is to turn off the message waiting option in the ata settings, but there's gotta be a better way than this?!?
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

It could be that you have a (spam) fax message. The only way to clear this is to log in online and clear it through your FPL portal.
joeschmoe
Just Passing Thru

Post by joeschmoe »

Hi Jake,
Nope, that's not it - as I stated in my initial message I deleted that voicemail through the portal that very same day the voicemail came in. Problem is, it's still "telling" the phone system there is one - even though dialing *98 or vising the portal doesn't show one present...
cpospish
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: DVG-1120S
Firmware Version: 0.0-S08
ISP Name: Cogeco
Computer OS: win7
Router: no router - just DVG-1120S

Post by cpospish »

I had the same prob with my panasonic phone. I just turned the VM option off on the phone and just used the phone's answering system. Does your FPL go to voicemail for an incoming call if you are on the phone, it should, shouldn't it ? Mine doesn't...
Regge
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: SPA112
Firmware Version: latest version
ISP Name: Cable/Acanac
Computer OS: Windows, Linux, Solaris, Hpux, Aix,
Router: SPA112

Post by Regge »

I do have the same issue right now. Ghost message in the system... but all message been deleted for more than 24 hour.
phone is cordless GE Dect 6.0
Regge
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: SPA112
Firmware Version: latest version
ISP Name: Cable/Acanac
Computer OS: Windows, Linux, Solaris, Hpux, Aix,
Router: SPA112

Post by Regge »

And I just find out ... in my phone settings... got reset settings... reset voicemail ... yes.
done. blink is gone.