service down or just me :)?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Always busy signal when call in my number

Postby invincible » 04/25/2016

Hi, friend,

I bought the VOIP unlock key years ago and have been using the service for years. But suddenly no one can call in my number, always getting a busy signal when the phone is idle, nor can the call be auto-forwarded. Why always busy signal? I haven't changed my setting. The phone can dial out without any problem.

Thanks.
invincible
Just Passing Thru

freephoneline.ca doesn't work anymore

Postby nezhad » 04/28/2016

Is freephoneline.ca gone or something? A few days ago my phone suddenly stopped working and I can see that my SIP is disconnected. Rebooting my OBI device multiple times did not help. I don't think it is the device since it still works with Google Voice although I know that is not a fully strong proof.
I guess I can try a softphone to check my SIP account and see if the server is still online.
thanks for any help.
nezhad
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: OBI202
Firmware Version: 3.0.1
ISP Name: Freephoneline
Computer OS: Vista
Router: SMC SMCD3GN

Re: freephoneline.ca doesn't work anymore

Postby Bing Kol » 04/28/2016

nezhad wrote:Is freephoneline.ca gone or something? ...

No, it is alive and well.

On another note, I would like to say Thank You to Freephoneline for the 6 years (as per my SIP unlock invoice) of savings and for a stable phone service I have been enjoying. Here's hoping for another 5 years or more!

Edit*** Changed 5 years to 6 years...oh how time flies!

nezhad wrote:...
A few days ago my phone suddenly stopped working and I can see that my SIP is disconnected.

Sorry, I can not help but I think it is just you. Other than your internet service going down, your symptoms indicate a poorly set up router and/or ATA.
Bing Kol
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: PAP2T
Firmware Version: 5.1.6 (LS)
ISP Name: CarryTel 25/10 DSL
Router: pfSense i5-3470

Postby invincible » 04/28/2016

nezhad wrote:Is freephoneline.ca gone or something? A few days ago my phone suddenly stopped working and I can see that my SIP is disconnected. Rebooting my OBI device multiple times did not help. I don't think it is the device since it still works with Google Voice although I know that is not a fully strong proof.
I guess I can try a softphone to check my SIP account and see if the server is still online.
thanks for any help.

It's still working, though earlier this week, I suddenly had problems too. Did you use it to call in the past 90 days or did you buy the unlock key? Otherwise, it may be de-activated.

By the way, how did you make Google voice still work on your Obi ATA? I can't make it work any more after I upgraded the firmware many months ago.
invincible
Just Passing Thru

Postby arulshan » 05/08/2016

[quote="invincible"][quote="nezhad"]Is freephoneline.ca gone or something?

It's still working, though earlier this week, I suddenly had problems too. Did you use it to call in the past 90 days or did you buy the unlock key? Otherwise, it may be de-activated.

What do mean? Do we have to buy unlock key again? Let me know please.

I also have problem from last week of April 2016. I cannot hear while the person on other side can hear me. I am struggling to get it fixed. I have written FPL support team.
arulshan
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: OBI100
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Window 7

Re: service down or just me :)?

Postby Hoagiedogie » 05/18/2016

I have a strange problem with my PAP2T-NA not registering after 3 years of flawless service. I use the ATA for two lines, one is Freephoneline and one is Callcentric. Callcentric on line 1, Freephoneline on line 2. the Freephoneline suddenly stopped connecting to the server a couple of weeks ago. I checked all my settings, moved the ATA to my neighbour's network (a different ISP) to test it, and nothing changed. I reset the ATA and re-loaded all the settings but freephoneline continues to fail to connect to the server, while Callcentric works flawlessly. I moved the Callcentric to line 2 and the Freephoneline to line 1 and nothing changed.

I have an I-phone app "SipFone" that continues to work perfectly thru the same network.

I tried forwarding both SIP ports, giving the ATA a Static IP and putting it into a DMZ....still nothing. I borrowed a friends SPA2102 and put my settings in, and it works perfectly, but I still cannot get the PAP2T to register to Freephoneline.

Any Ideas?
Hoagiedogie
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Pap2t-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Computer OS: Windows 10
Router: Bell Home Hub 2000

Choppy voice

Postby sak » 05/19/2016

Hi, I have been quite happy with Fongo phone service till recently we are experiencing choppy voice for both incoming and outgoing calls.
I have OBi100 configured for Rogers Internet with instructions in this forum. http://www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com/ ... uide-1.pdf
Rogers Internet has the same speed as before and nothing has changed.

Please provide me some advise on how to fix this issue.
sak
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: obi100

Line drop

Postby Hubermann » 06/01/2016

Miy Line drop after a few seconds I need help plz.
What should I do?
Hubermann
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Voice IP
Firmware Version: Freephoneline
ISP Name: Freephoneline
Computer OS: explorer
Router: x

Postby Polimold » 06/03/2016

Hi. I did restore HT502 and after 20 minutes he wrote NO LINE. HELP Me. Montreal, Bell telecom.Thanks
Polimold
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-502
Firmware Version: V1.2A 1.0.5.10
ISP Name: Bell adsl
Computer OS: win 7
Router: dlink

Postby mh1983 » 06/04/2016

Hoagiedogie wrote:I have a strange problem with my PAP2T-NA not registering after 3 years of flawless service. I use the ATA for two lines, one is Freephoneline and one is Callcentric. Callcentric on line 1, Freephoneline on line 2. the Freephoneline suddenly stopped connecting to the server a couple of weeks ago. I checked all my settings, moved the ATA to my neighbour's network (a different ISP) to test it, and nothing changed. I reset the ATA and re-loaded all the settings but freephoneline continues to fail to connect to the server, while Callcentric works flawlessly. I moved the Callcentric to line 2 and the Freephoneline to line 1 and nothing changed.

I have an I-phone app "SipFone" that continues to work perfectly thru the same network.

I tried forwarding both SIP ports, giving the ATA a Static IP and putting it into a DMZ....still nothing. I borrowed a friends SPA2102 and put my settings in, and it works perfectly, but I still cannot get the PAP2T to register to Freephoneline.

Any Ideas?

I am not sure what the root cause could be and I'm not familiar with that ATA, but a few things that come to mind:

Are you trying to connect to FPL through the SIP app on your iPhone and the ATA at the same time? Only one of those can register at the same time.

Is the registration time set correctly?

Have you tried voip2.freephoneline.ca?

Is your friend's PAP2T on the same firmware as yours?

Have you tried alternate DNS servers? (OpenDNS or Google...)

Maybe there's something in this post? http://www.voipfan.net/ATAs/PAP2_freephoneline.php. Or elsewhere in the Fongo forums.

Hopefully others with more expertise can jump in to help.
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Postby Hoagiedogie » 06/06/2016

MH1983,

Thank you for your post. I have tried everything you mentioned with no luck. I am not connecting to both the SIP app & the PAP2T at the same time. My friends ATA is the SPA2102 which is very similar to the PAP2T but has a router included.
Hoagiedogie
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Pap2t-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6
ISP Name: Bell Fibe
Router: Bell Home Hub 2000

Re: SPA2102 (Firmware 5.2.13.004)

Postby cheers » 06/21/2016

Hello, I have SPA1001, the settings are the same as in SPA2101. after configuration, I can make call and receive call except one issue:
it doesn't show incoming caller id! I have tried every option in "caller id method" in the tab "reginoal", still can't fix it.
here is my situation: internet provider: BELL; modem: Home Hub 2000; router: Cisco Linksys E4200; ATA: Linksys SPA1001 3.1.19(SE); Phone: Panasonic KX TG7841C.
any advice please.
thanks in advance.
cheers
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Linksys/SPA1001
Firmware Version: 3.1.19
ISP Name: Bell
Computer OS: windows 10
Router: Linksys

problem at freephoneline?

Postby killerjay » 08/17/2016

ive been using fpl with very little to no issues for almost 3 years now, and these last 2 days my grandstream 286 has been blinking red and i get no dial tone. Ive been able to get it back up by completely restarting all of my equipment, but maybe 1hr later, same thing happens. ive also tried changing to voip1.freephoneline.ca and it doesnt bring it back up. is there an issue on the servers? been running for a long time without hardware changes and all was well... everything else on my network is running just fine... just no phone service...
killerjay
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: grandstream 286
ISP Name: cogeco
Computer OS: windows vista
Router: dir-655

Re: problem at freephoneline?

Postby booblla » 08/17/2016

I am having the same issue.
My phone has been trying to register for the last two days and the same thing happened over the weekend.
So I would say that there is an issue.
booblla
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Panasonic KX-TGP500
Firmware Version: 12.90
ISP Name: Ebox
Router: Netgear R7000

Re: problem at freephoneline?

Postby killerjay » 08/18/2016

glad to see im not alone. i guess its having registration problems. itll stay registered for a couple hours and go down all over again.
killerjay
Active Poster

Postby killerjay » 08/18/2016

hello??????? can someone at fongo even acknowledge the issue? when is this getting fixed? ive been without a phone for 2 days now, im missing calls!
killerjay
Active Poster

Postby Fongo Support » 08/18/2016

killerjay wrote:hello??????? can someone at fongo even acknowledge the issue? when is this getting fixed? ive been without a phone for 2 days now, im missing calls!

Hi,

Please be advised that all servers are up and running.

to check the status:

http://status.fongo.com

Please check your Internet connection/ATA settings.

Regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby killerjay » 08/19/2016

oh yea? so why is my ata still disconnecting every 2 hrs?
killerjay
Active Poster

Postby Fongo Support » 08/19/2016

killerjay wrote:oh yea? so why is my ata still disconnecting every 2 hrs?

Hi,

re->]oh yea? so why is my ata still disconnecting every 2 hrs?

My guess is that your ata has corrupted firmware,

When was the last released fw for your ATA?

What year?

Please let us know.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: HT701 firmware 1.0.6.1

Postby CharleyQ » 08/20/2016

Just set up HT701 with firmware 1.0.8.2. Everything is good except the phone led keeps blinking slowly and a few fast beeping before dial tone is heard when I pick up the receiver to make calls. The recommended setting for Ring Tone Voltage is 90, but I cannot find anywhere to set it. There is a setting for Enable High Ring Power. I tested it with No" or "Yes", and the phone led links the same. In the HT701 User Manual, the definition of LEDs pattern (Table 3) for LED-19 indicates the phone led will blink when the ATA is ready to make calls. Is it normal or is there a solution to remove the fast beeping?
CharleyQ
Just Passing Thru

Postby Fongo Support » 08/20/2016

CharleyQ wrote:Just set up HT701 with firmware 1.0.8.2. Everything is good except the phone led keeps blinking slowly and a few fast beeping before dial tone is heard when I pick up the receiver to make calls. The recommended setting for Ring Tone Voltage is 90, but I cannot find anywhere to set it. There is a setting for Enable High Ring Power. I tested it with No" or "Yes", and the phone led links the same. In the HT701 User Manual, the definition of LEDs pattern (Table 3) for LED-19 indicates the phone led will blink when the ATA is ready to make calls. Is it normal or is there a solution to remove the fast beeping?

Hi,

The fast beep indicates that you have unread Voicemail in your mailbox.

Please dial *98 from your home phone to listen to your VM.

Have a good weekend!
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Thanks. I had one voice message yesterday and I had deleted it after logging in the account. I dialled *98 and it just read back my phone number and nothing else even I entered 3.
CharleyQ
Just Passing Thru

HT701 firmware 1.0.6.1

Enable Call Features has to be set to No for voicemail function to work. After changing the setting, I checked and there is no voice message but the fast beep is still here. Any ideas?

Update: seems there is some delay for the ATA to respond to VM status, the the problem disappeared today one day after the voice message was deleted.
CharleyQ
Just Passing Thru

Postby killerjay » 08/20/2016

Fongo Support wrote:
killerjay wrote:oh yea? so why is my ata still disconnecting every 2 hrs?

Hi,

re->]oh yea? so why is my ata still disconnecting every 2 hrs?

My guess is that your ata has corrupted firmware,

When was the last released fw for your ATA?

What year?

Please let us know.

regards,

Product Model: HT287 Rev4.1
Software Version: Program-- 1.1.0.42 Bootloader-- 1.1.0.1 HTML-- 1.1.0.42 VOC-- 1.0.0.13

This is a grandstream that i bought directly from you guys maybe 3 years ago.
killerjay
Active Poster

Postby killerjay » 08/20/2016

ok so i did some research and found that my firmware wasnt the very latest so i updated it:
Product Model: HT287 Rev4.1
Software Version: Program-- 1.1.0.45 Bootloader-- 1.1.0.1 HTML-- 1.1.0.45 VOC-- 1.0.0.13
then i rekeyed all of my sip settings and.......... still not registering...... red flash every 4 seconds
killerjay
Active Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support