service down or just me :)?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Re: Unable to make any outbound call.

Postby Fongo Support » 04/08/2015

iftecanada wrote:Hi,
I am using CISCO SPA122. My Dial Plan: (911|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xxxxxxxxxxxx.|98*|[6-7]x*xxxxxxxxxxx.)
I am totally unable to make any outbound call. 30 sec after dialing I hear busy tone. All inbound calls are ok.

Hi there,

On your ATA config, please check caller ID name (display name) field.

Please refer to the FAQ below:

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... -supported

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: service down or just me :)?

Postby Mango » 04/08/2015

Please make sure your device is configured as per the official guide, including my post below the official guide: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16294
Also, since your profile states you are using Rogers, please use the Rogers proxy: voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060. You may also need to change your SIP Port to a random number between 20000 and 65535. Let us know how things go.
Mango
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

My Linksys PAP2 went down this morning.

Postby Ed_tech » 04/08/2015

Linksys PAP2

No dial tone, Line 1 indicator light is off

Registration state showing = Can't connect to login server

Internet access is fine!

What happened? Is the incoming/outgoing server down?

**********Issue has been solved: re-entered Proxy and Outgoing Proxy IP and it reconnected.************
Ed_tech
Just Passing Thru

Postby Mango » 04/08/2015

Please try to change your PAP2's SIP Port to a random number between 20000 and 65535. Save, and test.

If that does not work, try to change your PAP2's Proxy from voip.freephoneline.ca to voip2.freephoneline.ca, or vice-versa. Save, and test.

If one of those works, let us know which one. Two workarounds, two different causes. If neither of these solves the problem, we will troubleshoot further.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby iftecanada » 04/08/2015

After factory reset, It's working ok.
iftecanada
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys
Firmware Version: PAP2T
ISP Name: Rogers
Router: Rogers Cisco

Incoming caller IDs no longer shown

Postby mh1983 » 04/09/2015

Hi,

Have had FPL for a few months now using the Grandstream HT701 ATA -- no problems whatsoever. Since yesterday, incoming caller IDs no longer appear on our Uniden cordless phones. Any suggestions? Let me know if I can provide any further details, too.

Thanks!
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Re: Incoming caller IDs no longer shown

Postby mh1983 » 04/10/2015

mh1983 wrote:Hi,

Have had FPL for a few months now using the Grandstream HT701 ATA -- no problems whatsoever. Since yesterday, incoming caller IDs no longer appear on our Uniden cordless phones. Any suggestions? Let me know if I can provide any further details, too.

Thanks!

I swore I posted this as a standalone thread? In any case, I just tried a test call from my cell to my FPL and my cell ID came up on my cordless. Not sure how this got fixed, but glad it is. :)
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

Postby polecat » 04/11/2015

Freephoneline service has been down all day in Waterloo. I have no dial tone. Tried a hard reset on the ATA. Anyone else with this problem?
polecat
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys/SPA2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.5
ISP Name: Distributel

Postby Mango » 04/11/2015

Please try to change your SPA's SIP Port to a random number between 20000 and 65535. Save, and test.

If that does not work, try to change your SPA's Proxy from voip.freephoneline.ca to voip2.freephoneline.ca, or vice-versa. Save, and test.

If one of those works, let us know which one. Two workarounds, two different causes. If neither of these solves the problem, we will troubleshoot further.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby polecat » 04/12/2015

Thanks Mango,

Solved the problem. Turned out to be a peculiar router issue. Hard reset on the router solved the problem. Thanks for your input, though. Cheers!
polecat
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys/SPA2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.5
ISP Name: Distributel

Postby Mango » 04/12/2015

I'm glad to hear things are working. Next time, you can change your SPA's SIP Port if that is more convenient than a hard reset. That should achieve the same result.

These symptoms indicate a corrupted NAT connection in your router. If the problem returns, you can increase your SPA's Reg Retry Intvl to allow the corrupted connection to time out before the SPA attempts to re-register after a failed registration. Unfortunately, the correct interval to use may be a guessing game unless your router's UDP timeouts are in its manual - most aren't. As a first guess - perhaps you would like to try 600.
Mango
Tried and True

A strange sound, no incoming call

Postby Justin Woodz » 04/24/2015

Just today I signed up, and installed the software in Windows.
I had not given anyone the number,
But already a few times, I heard a strange sound, like someone talking.
Just click on the answering machine, and then it stops.
What's this?
Justin Woodz
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: PC
ISP Name: Bell
Computer OS: windows 8.1

Stuck on Connecting to Fong....but service works

Postby lobotiger » 04/25/2015

Hi, I'm not sure if there's an actual problem or not but after I upgraded to Android 5.0 on my Oneplus One phone the Fongo icon has been stuck on the green colour and says it's connecting to Fongo. It no longer turns white. The catch is, the service appears to be working fine. I can make and receive calls so I'm not sure if it's the app that has some compatibility issues with Android 5.0 or if it's the new version of Android for this particular phone that's the problem.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app and it's the same thing.

Any tips would be appreciated.

LoboTiger
lobotiger
Quiet One

Stuck on Connecting to Fongo....but service works

Postby lobotiger » 04/25/2015

Hi, I'm not sure if there's an actual problem or not but after I upgraded to Android 5.0 on my Oneplus One phone the Fongo icon has been stuck on the green colour and says it's connecting to Fongo. It no longer turns white. The catch is, the service appears to be working fine. I can make and receive calls so I'm not sure if it's the app that has some compatibility issues with Android 5.0 or if it's the new version of Android for this particular phone that's the problem.

LoboTiger
lobotiger
Quiet One

Re: Stuck on Connecting to Fongo....but service works

Postby Fongo Support » 04/25/2015

lobotiger wrote:Hi, I'm not sure if there's an actual problem or not but after I upgraded to Android 5.0 on my Oneplus One phone the Fongo icon has been stuck on the green colour and says it's connecting to Fongo. It no longer turns white. The catch is, the service appears to be working fine. I can make and receive calls so I'm not sure if it's the app that has some compatibility issues with Android 5.0 or if it's the new version of Android for this particular phone that's the problem.

LoboTiger

Hi,

I suggest to uninstall the Fongo app and then reboot device.

Once the device boots up again, visit Google play and download and install the latest version of the Fongo app that has all the fixes for OS 5.1

Let me know.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby mh1983 » 05/10/2015

I just realized I'm not receiving calls on FPL. I have a Grandstream Ht701 with latest firmware and configured exactly like the PDF guide in these forums.

I read earlier posts from Mango who said to switch to the voip2 server for troubleshooting. I did so and my dialtone came back when I picked up.

Should I leave voip2 as my main server or switch back? Any other settings I should verify on the HT701? (Registration timeout, for example? Though my FPL account shows 3600).

Any help is appreciated -- thanks!
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

Postby Mango » 05/10/2015

It's fine to use voip2.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby mh1983 » 05/10/2015

Cool, thanks for the quick reply, Mango. On a related note, I'm wondering why I might've received a "device not registered" error to begin with.
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned

Postby Mango » 05/10/2015

It could have been a corrupted NAT connection on your router. If it happens again, first try to reboot your ATA to see if re-registering will solve the problem. If the ATA is still unable to register, try to change your Local SIP Port to a random number between 20000 and 65535. If that works, it confirms my guess that the router caused the problem.

A user on this forum had this problem a few days ago and discovered that assigning a static IP to his ATA was an effective workaround.
Mango
Tried and True

My account can not register on pbxes.com

Postby cnuser » 05/10/2015

I am using my FPL account at pbxes.com, but recently, it doesn't work for receiving calls. It goes to the voicemail directly. I tried to register to sipsorcery.com, and can not receive calls either. It works on my PAP2 and eyeBeam software.

I tried voip.freephoneline.ca and voip2.freephoneline.ca.
cnuser
Just Passing Thru

My account can not register on pbxes.com

Postby cnuser » 05/10/2015

I am using an FPL account registered at pbxes.com, but recently, I can not receive any calls. They go to the voicemail directly. I tried sipsorcery.com, and the situation is the same. The proxy servers I tried are voip.freephoneline.ca and voip2.freephoneline.ca, and the Register Expire is 3600. Anybody meets the same problem?
cnuser
Just Passing Thru

Postby domptg » 05/12/2015

Pbxes should email you the message that your provider is out of line for more than 10 minutes. In this case because you are the free pbxes account holder you have to login to your pbxes.org again and make any change and click on the red top line and your account goes back on line.
Read the messages from Pbxes.org they giving you all the instructions what to do.
domptg
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Xplornet
Computer OS: Vista
Router: TP-Link WR841N

No incoming calls and register failed

Postby babbler » 05/14/2015

Hi I am trying to set up my obi200 ATA to work with FPL but it is not working. I can't receive calls. They go straight to voicemail.The status is listed as "Register Failed: No Response From Server" on OBi Dashboard. However, outgoing calls are working fine.

My phone number was ported from Primus to FPL on May 12. I am currently using Obi Talk's default configuration for FPL. I tried using the OBi 100 Setup Guide from this forum but had an identical result except on outgoing calls I received an 484 error message.

Can someone please help me? Thank you
babbler
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: obi200
Firmware Version: 3.0.1.4581
ISP Name: Primus
Computer OS: OSX 10.6.8 and Windows 8.1
Router: tp link wr841n with DD-WRT

Postby cjv@stpaulsmagog » 05/28/2015

I have a similar problem with incoming. Outgoing is totally dysfonctionnal--after entering the first three digits, the phone goes busy. I'm also on an obi200. Any help would be really helpful.
cjv@stpaulsmagog
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Obi 200
Firmware Version: 3.0.1 (build 4492)
ISP Name: Videotron DSL
Computer OS: Windows 8
Router: DL 355

Postby Mango » 05/31/2015

Your outbound call problem is probably due to a misconfigured PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute. Be sure your device is configured as per the official guide: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16090
Mango
Tried and True

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support