service down or just me :)?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

voip2 and voip4 down

Postby wasolk » 12/01/2014

Hi!

My ATA was configured to use voip2.freephoneline.ca on the second line. It seems to be down since today (december 1st). voip.freephoneline.ca and voip3.freephoneline.ca works perfectly. voip4 seems to be down also.

Does anybody else having issues with voip2 and voip4?

Thanks!
wasolk
Just Passing Thru

Why my Linksys PAPT2 keeps going offline?

Postby sam1985 » 12/19/2014

Hi guys,
Newbie here, I need help to really find out why my Linksys goes offline at least once a day.
The only way to fixing that is when I switch from voip2.freephoneline.ca & voip.freephoneline.ca & back and forth.

Is there anything I could do differently to have this issue fixed?

Here is some more details about my set up:
ISP: Rogers
Firmware: 3.1.15(LS)
Wireless Modem: WD N750

Thanks for your help.
sam1985
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: 3.1.15(LS)
ISP Name: Rogers
Computer OS: 7
Router: WD n750

Re: service down or just me :)?

Postby Mango3 » 12/19/2014

Please verify that your device is set up as per viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16294 . In particular, be sure to set Register Expires to 3600.

I would like to make some changes from the official guide. On the SIP tab, please set Reg Retry Intvl to 120. Since you are a Rogers customer, please set your proxy to voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060.

If that does not solve the problem, next time I would like you to change your SIP Port to a random number between 20000 and 65535, while the problem is happening.

Let us know if any of these suggestions work, or not. Good luck!
Is your router as secure as you think it is? Find out with this simple test: http://toao.net/580
Mango3
Quiet One

Postby sam1985 » 12/19/2014

Hi Mango3,
Not if you need to know specifically my ISP is actually vmedia.ca cable internet which they buy from Rogers and sell to me. So kind of I am indirect customer?
I pay vmedia.ca though.
sam1985
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: 3.1.15(LS)
Computer OS: 7
Router: WD n750

Postby Mango3 » 12/19/2014

Thanks for letting me know. I would give voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 a try. If it doesn't work out you can switch back to voip2.freephoneline.ca. I'm sure we can get this solved for you.
Is your router as secure as you think it is? Find out with this simple test: http://toao.net/580
Mango3
Quiet One

Can't input numbers

Postby michaellanfield » 12/24/2014

I have a e issues with my freephoneline on my computer. I have version 3.2.7

- Sometimes people can not call me
- When I call certain numbers the person on the other end can not hear me
- When I call any number that has options where you have to press a number, pressing the number does not work

thank you.
michaellanfield
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Macbook Pro
Firmware Version: Freephoneline 3270
ISP Name: ebox.ca
Computer OS: OSX 10.11
Router: Cisco DPC3848

Unable to Call toll free 800 Numbers

Postby Joe B » 12/27/2014

I have freephoneline with an Linksys SPA112 adapter using Sympatico as my internet provider. This is hooked up to a Bell 2wire 2701HG-G modem/router. I am able to make and receive local calls but not able to call any toll free 800/888/866 etc numbers. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have used this router before on a cable internet and it works flawlessly. Tried call 1-888 or just the 800 number but nothing happens.
Joe B
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA112
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 (014) May 9 20
ISP Name: Cogeco
Computer OS: windows 8
Router: Asus RT-AC68U
Smartphone Model: Galaxy S5

Toll Free calls and other issues

Postby Joe B » 12/30/2014

I have freephoneline with an Linksys SPA112 adapter using Sympatico as my internet provider. This is hooked up to a Bell 2wire 2701HG-G modem/router. I am able to make and receive local calls but not able to call any toll free 800/888/866 etc numbers. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have used this router before on a cable internet and it works flawlessly. Tried call 1-888 or just the 800 number but nothing happens.
Joe B
Active Poster

Re: Toll Free calls and other issues

Postby Fongo Support » 12/30/2014

Joe B wrote:I have freephoneline with an Linksys SPA112 adapter using Sympatico as my internet provider. This is hooked up to a Bell 2wire 2701HG-G modem/router. I am able to make and receive local calls but not able to call any toll free 800/888/866 etc numbers. Does anyone have any suggestions? I have used this router before on a cable internet and it works flawlessly. Tried call 1-888 or just the 800 number but nothing happens.

Hi there,

Please open a support ticket for this issue.

http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

Send me PM with the ticket# once you have opened it.

Regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby Joe B » 12/30/2014

I replaced the SPA112 with an OBI100 and everything works perfect. I have no idea why the SPA112 won't work but doesn't matter now. Thanks for the help.
Joe B
Active Poster

Re: SPA2102 Setup Guide

Postby Pedro » 01/06/2015

I've performed the steps in this ata/router after putting it in the dmz zone of my wifi - router and it won't connect to freephoneline's sip server.
Do I have to forward any ports on the router side of the SPA2102?
Pedro
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: spa2102
ISP Name: teksavvy cable
Computer OS: windows 7
Router: d-link something

Can't dial out after porting my number

Postby rlim » 01/15/2015

Hi,

I received notification today that the my number has been ported successfully. The note requested I modify my ATA (Obi202) to replace my old SIP # with the new number... which I did. Upon completing the change, I rebooted my ATA. The problem I have now is that I can't dial out. I can hear the dial tone and when I dialed out, i get a message "network status" IP address not available, please review faq, reason 00". When I called the new number, the phone does not ring and I get the busy tone.

I've attached a picture of the Obi202 setting where I've brushed out the new phone number.

Could someone be able to assist in letting me know how to address the problem?

Thanks
Ron
Attachments
Presentation1.jpg
OBI202 setting
Presentation1.jpg (157.4 KiB) Viewed 29165 times
rlim
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Obihai Obi202
Computer OS: win 7
Router: Asus RT-N56U

Postby rlim » 01/15/2015

Problem Solved !!
I dropped an email to the Forgo Technical team and they were able to resolve the problem by forcing a registration. Thanks folks for your fast response!!!
rlim
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Obihai Obi202
Router: Asus RT-N56U

no dial tone

Postby wiqbal » 01/19/2015

Hi,

i have been using freephone line for the past year with no problems. However for the past 4 days i am getting no dial tone. i have reset the voip terminal and the modem a few times and change the settings.However, i am still getting nothings.
On my spa configuration utility page is registration state is saying: not registered.

please help, as i have no telephone service for the past 4 days.
wiqbal
One Hit Wonder

Postby Mango » 01/19/2015

Please try to change your Proxy from voip.freephoneline.ca to voip2.freephoneline.ca, or vice versa.

If that works, verify that your Register Expires is set to 3600.

If that doesn't work, verify that your device is configured according to the official configuration document at viewforum.php?f=15 .

If you're still having trouble, post the model numbers of your ATA and router.
Mango
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

incoming calls disconnect rightaway in OBi 200

Postby texh » 01/20/2015

hello
i have setuped fpl on my obihai 200 and was working fine.. but all of sudden it started giving me no audio on calls.
so i recheceked everything and it worked but now a new problem has arised
all outgoing calls are working fine
all incoming calls disconnect after half a ring.. like even before u can get a chance to pick up the phone
and the caller thinks the call hasnt gone thru.

kindly fix my issue. any latest guides on how to fix this issue would be really helpful
thanks!
texh
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: ObiHai 200
Firmware Version: latest
ISP Name: 8MB connection
Router: tplink

Re: incoming calls disconnect rightaway in OBi 200

Postby Mango » 01/20/2015

texh wrote:all incoming calls disconnect after half a ring.. like even before u can get a chance to pick up the phone

That is a very curious issue. I admit I do not know what the problem is. Perhaps your issue is caused by an errant SIP ALG, or a NAT problem. I can offer you some general troubleshooting to see if that changes the symptoms.

First, make sure you are using the official guide to configure your device: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16090 . Once your settings are correct, try the following:

1) Please try to set your ProxyServer to voip3.freephoneline.ca .

2) If voip3 did not work, please try to set the following to test for a problem SIP ALG:
ProxyServer: voip4.freephoneline.ca
ProxyServerPort: 6060
RegistrarServerPort: 6060
Voice Services >> SPx Service >> X_UserAgentPort: 37996

3) If that did not work, please try to use your router to forward UDP port 37996 to your VoIP ATA.
You should also set Voice Services >> SPx Service >> X_InboundCallRoute to {>1xxxxxxxxxx:ph}
(Note: replace 1xxxxxxxxxx with your FPL number.)
If this does not work, disable the port forward, as it should only be used if absolutely necessary.

If none of this works, I suggest you take your OBi ATA to a friend's house and test it behind a different router to eliminate the router as a possible cause of the problem. If you still have problems, you may wish to open a ticket to have your account checked: http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new

Let us know how things go.
Mango
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

Cannot receive local calls, but other calls are fine!!!!!

Postby ofty123 » 01/24/2015

Hello,

I'm having a problem with local calls. I can receive calls, but not from local numbers. I have Cisco spa112. I tried calling from my cell phone too. It just rings but it doesn't ring on my end. I get the voicemail. Please help!!!!
ofty123
Just Passing Thru

Re: Cannot receive local calls, but other calls are fine!!!!

Postby Liptonbrisk » 01/24/2015

ofty123 wrote:Hello,

I'm having a problem with local calls. I can receive calls, but not from local numbers. I have Cisco spa112. I tried calling from my cell phone too. It just rings but it doesn't ring on my end. I get the voicemail. Please help!!!!

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=16340
Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at viewforum.php?f=15.
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support

SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

The user that you're trying to reach is not available!

Postby DH2000 » 01/27/2015

Dear Support,

I tried to call home (FPL 514-461-xxxx) from Office and since morning and it couldn't with the same message "The user that you're trying to reach is not available".
The Follow Me supposes to send the call to my cell phone in this case but it's not.

Could you please check if there is something wrong with my FPL account?

Thanks

DH2000
DH2000
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2
Firmware Version: 3.1.22(LS)
ISP Name: Acanac

Re: The user that you're trying to reach is not available!

Postby ckkatan » 01/27/2015

One of mine friends is having the similar incoming call issue. His outgoing calls are fine. He is in the 905-591-xxxx exchange.

Thanks.
ckkatan
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Cisco
ISP Name: DSL
Router: Linksys

Postby Fongo Support » 01/27/2015

ckkatan wrote:One of mine friends is having the similar incoming call issue. His outgoing calls are fine. He is in the 905-591-xxxx exchange.

Thanks.

Hi there,

This is to confirm that system is not down at this time.

Please ask your friend to open a support ticket or send me a PM.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby ckkatan » 01/28/2015

Fongo Support wrote:
ckkatan wrote:One of mine friends is having the similar incoming call issue. His outgoing calls are fine. He is in the 905-591-xxxx exchange.

Thanks.

Hi there,

This is to confirm that system is not down at this time.

Please ask your friend to open a support ticket or send me a PM.

regards,

My friend confirmed that his FPL system is running normal after disable the DND (he set it by accident).

Thanks.
ckkatan
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Cisco
ISP Name: DSL
Router: Linksys

Fongo -- Service Is Unavailable?

Postby bartekd » 01/28/2015

I am trying to login to Fongo on my mobile, and see service is unavailable. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
bartekd
Active Poster

Postby DH2000 » 01/28/2015

DH2000 wrote:Dear Support,

I tried to call home (FPL 514-461-xxxx) from Office and since morning and it couldn't with the same message "The user that you're trying to reach is not available".
The Follow Me supposes to send the call to my cell phone in this case but it's not.

Could you please check if there is something wrong with my FPL account?

Thanks

DH2000

Don't know if Support did something or not yesterday. After my wife called me from home, I was able to call home after that.
But I still need help on Follow Me didn't work. How can I open ticket for it?

Thanks
DH2000
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2
Firmware Version: 3.1.22(LS)
ISP Name: Acanac

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support