service down or just me :)?

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo

Re: Any problems on the server?

Postby Fongo Support » 03/16/2015

newinvestor23 wrote:Hey,
Everything working fine for a while, no problems. Tried to call out from my Obi100, I have dial tone, call a number, just dead air. So i checked the status and it says it was not registered to voip.freephoneline.ca, so I reboot, still would not. So I read voip3.freephoneline.ca and tried that one and it says registered?
So is this something on my part or theirs? or just a hiccup?
And can I keep using voip3.freephoneline.ca?
Thanks

Hi there,

You will need to reset OBI to factory defaults- details below:

1.Reset OBI to factory defaults
http://www.obihai.com/faq/Troubleshooti ... tory-Reset
3. Add device to Obi portal
4. Select Freephoneline as a provider
5. Enter your name, sip user id and sip password
Name: "Your caller ID name"
User: "your sip user ID"
Pass: "your sip password"
6. click on submit
7. After 2 minutes, your device will be configured

Test the line and let me know.

IMPORTANT: Please do not use voip3 because it is not listed in the document below and you might have account issues.

To check the list of approved sip servers please visit the line below and review:

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... redentials

Thanks,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: service down or just me :)?

Postby newinvestor23 » 03/16/2015

I changed it to voip2.freephoneline.ca and its working. I do not want to reinstall it, I have it set the way I want it for now.
thanks for your help.
newinvestor23
Just Passing Thru

Postby Mango » 03/16/2015

If the problem happens again, please try to change your X_UserAgentPort to a random number between 20000 and 65535. If that works, it indicates the problem is with your router.
Mango
Tried and True

SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

Postby ckkatan » 03/17/2015

It seems like my Cisco SPA box did not reset itself after last night power fluctuation. The FPL website indicated that my ATA box is discounted and the FPL system sent all calls directly to the voice mail.

Is it only me having this issue?
ckkatan
Active Poster

SIP Device Name: Cisco
ISP Name: DSL
Router: Linksys

Postby Mango » 03/17/2015

Please try to set your SIP Port to a random number between 20000 and 65535.

If that does not resolve the issue, try to change your Proxy from voip.freephoneline.ca to voip2.freephoneline.ca, or vice versa.

Let us know if either of these workarounds are successful.
Mango
Tried and True

Mango wrote:Please try to set your SIP Port to a random number between 20000 and 65535.

If that does not resolve the issue, try to change your Proxy from voip.freephoneline.ca to voip2.freephoneline.ca, or vice versa.

Let us know if either of these workarounds are successful.

The SIP port was previously set to 7000 to 8000 ranges.

I reset it to the 20000 to 30000 ranges. This resolved the registration issue.

@Mango, do you know what is the main reason why it did not register properly with the lower port range?
ckkatan
Active Poster

The port range that was not really wrong. Changing it solved the problem. Your router had a corrupted NAT connection. Changing the port allowed the old connection to time out, and a new one to be created.

You could try to solve the problem by increasing your ATA's Reg Retry Intvl. This will cause your ATA to wait for a period of time before retrying a failed registration, and hopefully allow the corrupted connection to time out. Unfortunately, most routers don't say what their timeouts are, so the correct number will be a bit of a guessing game. Perhaps you could try 300 seconds, then increase by 300 seconds every time you have the problem.
Mango
Tried and True

Thanks Mango.

The Reg. Retry Intvl was set at 30. I have changed it to 300 for now to test.

I also set the system to force resync at 03:00 (default was blank). Or should I leave this "blank" for now?

I hope these changes will resolve the not registration issue.
ckkatan
Active Poster

I'm not familiar with the Force Resync feature. Perhaps another forum member will be able to advise you on this.

Good luck,
m.
Mango
Tried and True

Postby Fongo Support » 03/18/2015

ckkatan wrote:Thanks Mango.

I also set the system to force resync at 03:00 (default was blank). Or should I leave this "blank" for now?

Hi,

I beleive FPL guidelines recommend that reg retry interval to 120 seconds

Registration Interval:3600 seconds (1 hour)

Registration Expiry: 3600 seconds (1 hour)

Failed Registration Re-Try Interval:120 seconds

Is there any reason why yours was set to 30?

Please let me know.

Regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby ckkatan » 03/18/2015

Fongo Support wrote:
ckkatan wrote:Thanks Mango.

Hi,

I beleive FPL guidelines recommend that reg retry interval to 120 seconds

Registration Interval:3600 seconds (1 hour)

Registration Expiry: 3600 seconds (1 hour)

Failed Registration Re-Try Interval:120 seconds

Is there any reason why yours was set to 30?

Please let me know.

Regards,

Hi,

Thanks for pointing out the possible problem with my setup.

It was a default value that I did not change before. When I setup the system previous, I did not notice the "failed registration re-try" setting was mentioned in the guideline. Or it could be that I was following the instructions c/w pictures rather than just look at the guideline.

This might explain why my system did not reset itself after the power fluctuation, until I manually reset it.

I will revise the "failed registration re-try" value to 120. I hope this will resolve the issue in the future.

Thank you again for your help.
ckkatan
Active Poster

New account setting password issue

Postby muddsir007 » 03/19/2015

Hi,
I just purchased a new unlock key as I moved to Alberta from Ontario, I got my new SIP usename & Password, I entered the Username & password in the same setting which I had before from Ontario & tried to caĺl but it keep saying wrong password but in my both accounts it is displaying connected can you please help? I HAVE LINKSYS PAP2-NA.
muddsir007
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: linksys pap2-na
ISP Name: telus
Computer OS: vista

Fongo Add-ons Store Not Working

Postby SaintBio » 03/19/2015

When I go renew my Unlimited Canada Texting the payment page refuses to appear. Instead it immediately jumps back to the Add-ons page. Basically, any time I click on the "Buy" shopping cart it brings me to the next page and I can see it buffer for less than a second before it jumps back to the Add-ons page.
SaintBio
One Hit Wonder

Computer OS: Windows 8.1 x64

Re: Fongo Add-ons Store Not Working

Postby Fongo Support » 03/20/2015

SaintBio wrote:When I go renew my Unlimited Canada Texting the payment page refuses to appear. Instead it immediately jumps back to the Add-ons page. Basically, any time I click on the "Buy" shopping cart it brings me to the next page and I can see it buffer for less than a second before it jumps back to the Add-ons page.

Hi,

It looks like you cannot reach the Play store or the CC on your Google Wallet has a problem.

Perhaps you can try to check these 2 items.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Incoming calls go to voicemail

Postby grrizzlly » 03/28/2015

Linksys SPA2102
Initially worked fine, now all incoming calls go to voice mail, outbound calls work OK. I can see incoming calls in call log with duration of 5 seconds, but it doesn't ring on my phone set. Voice mail settings are 5 rings before voice mail. Linksys is configured for Bridge mode so it won't cut bandwidth to 6 MBPS, so I can't connect to web interface and check without resetting to factory defaults. It is connected to cable modem directly as it was not working behind the router. SIP status is connected.

Thank you.
grrizzlly
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(004)
ISP Name: Start.ca

Incoming calls go to voicemail

Postby grrizzlly » 03/28/2015

Linksys SPA2102
Initially worked fine, now all incoming calls go to voice mail, outbound calls work OK. I can see incoming calls in call log with duration of 5 seconds, but it doesn't ring on my phone set. Voice mail settings are 5 rings before voice mail. Linksys is configured for Bridge mode so it won't cut bandwidth to 6 MBPS, so I can't connect to web interface and check without resetting to factory defaults. It is connected to cable modem directly as it was not working behind the router. SIP status is connected.

Thank you.
grrizzlly
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys SPA2102
Firmware Version: 5.2.13(004)
ISP Name: Start.ca

Re: Incoming calls go to voicemail

Postby Fongo Support » 03/28/2015

grrizzlly wrote:Linksys SPA2102

Thank you.

Hello,

Perhaps DND (do not disturb) is enabled on your ATA

Please check Jake's reply below, it might help you:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=8134&p=44658&hilit=check+user1#p44658

Let me know.

regards,
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Postby farzin » 03/28/2015

The internet is very slow in Toronto. Has anyone else experienced slow performance on IOS and computers?
farzin
One Hit Wonder

Outgoing calls have to reset to make work.

Postby mperry8585 » 03/31/2015

Hello Sometimes out of nowhere my ability with the desktop app to receive incoming calls drops and I have to reset the app to make it work. This is very frustrating as I don't know when I cant receive calls. So every so often I have to call myself from google voice to make sure its working if not i have to reset the application to make it work again. Is there a way to fix this issue?
mperry8585
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: Desktop app
Firmware Version: Desktop app
ISP Name: Acanac
Router: Smart rg SR505n

Problem when connecting my ATA SPA232D with Linksys EA2700 R

Postby Ykanson » 03/31/2015

Hello,

It will be very appreciated if someone can help me.
I have a freephoneline account. I purchased a Cisco SPA232D voip adapter. My cable internet provider is Acanac and the modem I use is the Thomson DCM475. I also use a wireless router Linksys EA2700.

I configured my ATA according to information provided by the user manual.

When I connect the ATA directly to the modem with an RJ45 cable, everything works fine.

But when I connect in the first time the router to the modem and later I connect the ATA to the router using the RJ45 cable, then either my interlocutors do not hear me during communication, or it is me who do not hear them.

It would be really appreciated if someone could tell me what the problem is when I connect the ATA with the router.

Thank You

Ykanson
Ykanson
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: SPA232D
Firmware Version: 1.3.4
ISP Name: Acanac, Cable
Computer OS: Windows 8.1
Router: Linksys EA2700

Postby Mango » 04/01/2015

Navigate to your ATA's Voice > SIP page and set the following:

Handle VIA received: yes
Handle VIA rport: yes
Substitute VIA Addr: yes

Next, navigate to your router's Administration >> Management page, and disable SIP ALG if it is enabled.

Next, navigate to your router's Status >> Router page. In the Internet IPv4 Connection section, look for your Internet Address. It should NOT start with 192.168 or 10. If it does, this indicates double NAT, and you may need to place your modem into bridge mode to solve the problem.

If none of this solves the problem, open a ticket and ask for your account to be verified: http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new
Mango
Tried and True

Caller ID Not displaying

Postby premier » 04/04/2015

Hi,
Looking for any suggestions on how to activate incoming caller id on the HG658B huawei vdsl/adsl voip modem router. My HT502 works correctly.But the hg658B works great as well except for not displaying the incoming caller ID..
Thanks
premier
One Hit Wonder

SIP Device Name: HG658B
Firmware Version: V100R001C01B127
ISP Name: velcom.ca
Computer OS: win7
Router: HG658b

I cannot hear anything

Postby harry » 04/05/2015

I have ported my number to freephoneline more than a year ago. it was all working fine. recently something changed and now I cannot hear anything. when i dial out i dont hear the bell ringing but the recipient of the calls gets my voice but i dont hear anything. i am using HT 701 device. what could be the reason.
harry
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: HT701
ISP Name: rogers
Computer OS: IOS
Router: Rogers AC

Postby Mango » 04/05/2015

Open a ticket and ask for your account to be verified: http://support.fongo.com/anonymous_requests/new
Mango
Tried and True

Unable to make any outbound call.

Postby iftecanada » 04/08/2015

Hi,
I am using CISCO SPA122. My Dial Plan: (911|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xxxxxxxxxxxx.|98*|[6-7]x*xxxxxxxxxxx.)
I am totally unable to make any outbound call. 30 sec after dialing I hear busy tone. All inbound calls are ok.
iftecanada
Just Passing Thru

SIP Device Name: Linksys
Firmware Version: PAP2T
ISP Name: Rogers
Router: Rogers Cisco

PreviousNext

Return to Community Support