FPL Service not working. (fixed)

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
TetraSky
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: SPA-2012-R
Firmware Version: 3.3.6
ISP Name: TekSavvy
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Netgear WNDR4300

FPL Service not working. (fixed)

Post by TetraSky »

Hello, for some reason my service seems to have stopped today.
In my account it says "SIP Status: disconnected" and in my Linksys SIP 2102 it says "Registration State: Failed"
What's going on? I haven't changed anything to my configuration in months now, it just stopped working out of nowhere today.
Fongo service status says everything is online still, so I'm confused.

Edit : Well it came back... After I changed the SIP port from 5060 to a random port above 20000, like was said in another topic... What in the world. Why did it suddenly stop working out of nowhere like that.
Mango3
Quiet One

Re: FPL Service not working. (fixed)

Post by Mango3 »

If changing the device's SIP port causes it to register, your router's NAT connection became corrupted. You created a new NAT connection and allowed the old one to time out. There are some settings you can look at to try to mitigate this problem in the future.

You may wish to disable your router's SIP ALG, if you have not already done so.

On your ATA's Line tab, try to set Register Expires to 3600. If it was not already set this way, be sure to enable NAT Keep Alive.

You can also increase the Reg Retry Intvl which you will find on the SIP tab. This is the amount of time your ATA will wait before retrying a failed registration. Theoretically you could solve your problem by making this a few seconds longer than it takes for your router to time out inactive UDP connections. Unfortunately I was unable to find how long this is in your router's manual, so optimizing this setting will be a guessing game. You could try 900. This means if registration fails, your ATA will wait 15 minutes, then try again.
Is your router as secure as you think it is? Find out with this simple test: http://toao.net/580