E911 - Information is not available to emergency centre

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
yacir
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
ISP Name: Teksavvy - DSL
Router: TP-Link ADSL2+ Modem/Router

E911 - Information is not available to emergency centre

Post by yacir »

It is stated on FPL website that your call back number and address are visible to the emergency response center call-taker when you use 9-1-1 (E911) with FPL number.
In order to make sure all is good, i called 911 call center and the person told me that he is not getting any information - neither address not phone number.

why is it that?The caller Id on my account is already enabled and if i call anyone, they get my number. but strangely, 911 center is not getting anything.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: E911 - Information is not available to emergency centre

Post by Fongo Support »

yacir wrote:It is stated on FPL website that your call back number and address are visible to the emergency response center call-taker when you use 9-1-1 (E911) with FPL number.
In order to make sure all is good, i called 911 call center and the person told me that he is not getting any information - neither address not phone number.

why is it that?The caller Id on my account is already enabled and if i call anyone, they get my number. but strangely, 911 center is not getting anything.
Hi,

The information is indeed updated as long as you agreed to the terms after you updated the name and address for 911.

I believe you cannot call 911 for "testing" you might be charged now.

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... lice-Fire-

You should probably open a support ticket to have your account checked, perhaps it needs reprovisioning.

If you already received a $35 invoice, please open a Billing ticket.

regards,
yacir
Just Passing Thru

Post by yacir »

Fongo Support wrote: Hi,

The information is indeed updated as long as you agreed to the terms after you updated the name and address for 911.

I believe you cannot call 911 for "testing" you might be charged now.

http://support.freephoneline.ca/entries ... lice-Fire-

You should probably open a support ticket to have your account checked, perhaps it needs reprovisioning.

If you already received a $35 invoice, please open a Billing ticket.

regards,
Thanks for the reply. and yes, i did agree to the terms when i submitted name/address for 911 - that is about 4-5 year ago

I did not call 911, rather i called the non-emergency call center to verify my information with them.
perhaps, that could be the reason (i.e. not calling 911 and hence going without the proper route), but as you suggested, i think i should opn a support ticket to check my account.
Mango
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: OBi110
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2824)
ISP Name: Telus
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Toastman Tomato

Post by Mango »

yacir wrote:
Fongo Support wrote:I did not call 911, rather i called the non-emergency call center to verify my information with them.
That would be the reason. The non-emergency call centre would normally not have information for VoIP customers, because there is a special call centre specifically used for VoIP.
lustucru
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-286
Firmware Version: 1.1.0.45
ISP Name: Bell Fibe 300/300
Computer OS: Windows 7 Pro 64 bits
Router: Bell hub 1000
Smartphone Model: Moto E
Android Version: Android 6.0

Post by lustucru »

I called 911 twice last July from my Chatr activated cell and my personal info was not available. I have been asked for the phone number I was calling from, my street address and the nearest intersection. I was surprised that an ambulance does not have a GPS!
yacir
Just Passing Thru

Post by yacir »

lustucru wrote:I called 911 twice last July from my Chatr activated cell and my personal info was not available. I have been asked for the phone number I was calling from, my street address and the nearest intersection. I was surprised that an ambulance does not have a GPS!
I was told by the 91 operator that if you call from Cell, you must tell the exact address.
it is understandable, because with the cell phone call they can only get the address of nearest cell-tower that routes your signal. But to service you, 911 must get the precise address location.
yacir
Just Passing Thru

Post by yacir »

Mango wrote:
yacir wrote:
Fongo Support wrote:I did not call 911, rather i called the non-emergency call center to verify my information with them.
That would be the reason. The non-emergency call centre would normally not have information for VoIP customers, because there is a special call centre specifically used for VoIP.
yes, that is what thought, but that means there is no way to confirm except paying $35 :)