Obi200 & FPL - 1 ring before voicemail

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
jarfgames
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Obi200

Obi200 & FPL - 1 ring before voicemail

Post by jarfgames »

I setup my Obi200 last week with FPL on SP1 and GV on SP2 for outgoing calls only (default is for outgoing on SP1 unless I dial **2). I haven't ported my number from Shaw yet, so right now I have my Shaw number auto forwarding to the FPL number. Everything seems to be working very nicely both for incoming calls to FPL and outgoing calls on both FPL and GV. FPL voicemail is also working fine and answering after 5 rings.

Yesterday, on two occasions we noticed that the phone would ring once and then stop ringing. At first I thought maybe it was spam (I have already followed the steps to block SIP scanners) but then someone I know told me it was them and that on their end it rang once and then went straight to voicemail. They decided to call back 10 minutes later and everything worked perfectly (I made no changes on my end during these 10 minutes). Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?