No service after porting

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
wonderdollar
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT287
ISP Name: ROGERS CABLE
Computer OS: Windows 7 Professional
Router: ROGERS CGN2-ROG

No service after porting

Post by wonderdollar »

Hi,

I have been using freephoneline service for long and it is working fine.

I recently helped my sister join the freephoneline by switching her services from Rogers. I bought linksys PAP2 ATA, and the VOIP unlock key and it was properly configured using the help from this forum. The phone was working. However, as the porting is completed today, the phone is not working at all. Is there any changes to be done after the porting?

Please advise.

Thanks
mh1983
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-701
Firmware Version: 1.0.10.3
ISP Name: Teksavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 10 64 bit
Router: Linksys WRT N600 on DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: BlackBerry Q10

Re: No service after porting

Post by mh1983 »

First off, you posted on the Fongo Mobile subforum, buty ou'd have better luck in the FPL subforum.

Did you/your sister get a confirmation of the number port process being completed? I ask because I did a port once and the number was usable on the new device for outgoing calls but the process was not completed.

Did you change the ATA info to reflect the number you got ported in from Rogers, rather than the temporary number through FPL?
Jake
Technical Support

Re: No service after porting

Post by Jake »

Topic Moved**

As mentioned above, when you port in your number your account username changes (as it uses the phone number for the account). So what you will need to do is change that inside the ATA.