Grandstream Wave for iOS

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
stephanevoip
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: iPhone 5
Firmware Version: 10.3.3
ISP Name: Altima Telecom (Cable)
Computer OS: iOS 10.3.3
Router: TP-Link TD-W8980

Grandstream Wave for iOS

Post by stephanevoip »

Hi,

I have Grandstream HT702 and it's works like a charm, no issue at all!
I installed latest version of Grandstream Wave for iOS on both iPhone 5 and iPhone 5s.
When I tests it the other phone and Grandstream HT702 adapter are off (because FFL allows only 1 device connected at a time).

I can receive phone calls without issues on any devices (Both iPhones and Grandstream HT702).
I can't place any phone calls (including *98 to access voice mail) on any iPhones (but it works on Grandstream HT702 adapter)

When I dial a number on my iPhone, I get quick busy signal with error 404 and Grandstream for iOS says : "sip registration failed error".

I try many different settings, similar and different to thoses in my Grandstream HT702 firmware but still no luck.

Regards,
Stephane
Attachments
Grandstream.zip
Grandstream iOS Configuration Screenshots
(1.02 MiB) Downloaded 569 times
stephanevoip
Just Passing Thru

Re: Grandstream Wave for iOS

Post by stephanevoip »

Hi,
I also contact Grandstream GS Helpdesk support. They told me :

"I reviewed the images you sent me, but it appears to be everything correctly set.
Please try checking the VoIP provider’s information to see if you are missing something,
Check the proxy settings, and the password.
The HT702 shouldn't have anything to do with the GS wave if it’s working with the SIP provider."

Regards,
Stephane
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

I would check your password is entered correctly. 0OoIl1 can all look the same in the font they use on the account page. I usually copy and paste the password into a notepad document so I can read it better.

Failing that, test it out on another 3rd party sip device, just so you know your details are correct. I usually suggest x-lite as it is free http://www.counterpath.com/x-lite-download
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

I just tried to set it up with one of my accounts, no luck.

If I get time tomorrow I'll have another play with it.

It does show that I am connected on the online admin in freephoneline.ca, but that doesn't seem to tell the complete story
SIP Status: connected
SIP User Agent: Grandstream Wave 1.2.6
stephanevoip
Just Passing Thru

Post by stephanevoip »

Hi Jake, when you tried, did you turn off the others devices you have? I was told that if we have more than 1 device setup with the same phone number it will not work because it's not allowed? I'm right on this one? Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try that later.
stephanevoip
Just Passing Thru

Post by stephanevoip »

iOS app doesn't seems free anymore!
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1236194368

It says :
Try it for 7 days free! Subscription not charged if cancelled within trial period. Please note, in-app subscription purchases are not supported through Family Sharing
1-Year Subscription: $9.99, 1 month $0.99 USD, automatically renewed until canceled
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

stephanevoip wrote:Hi Jake, when you tried, did you turn off the others devices you have? I was told that if we have more than 1 device setup with the same phone number it will not work because it's not allowed? I'm right on this one? Thanks for the suggestions. I'll try that later.
I have a spare account I tried it with. I am guessing that there should be a green dot where my account name is, it stayed red for me so I assume it never really connected.

With multiple devices what will happen is one will register then the other will, then the first will try and get it back again, so you will never really know which one is registered when a call comes in as to which device will ring.
There might just be a simple setting somewhere that is gumming things up. Unfortunately I have not had a lot of free time to try different things yet.

With the x-lite, I was more referring to the windows version. It was more to test the settings on something other than the ATA. I feel it is more than likely something a setting inside the Wave though.
stephanevoip
Just Passing Thru

Post by stephanevoip »

Hi,

I suspect a setting too! I'm trying to compare the settings between iOS and HT702. It's difficult to compare because options are not the same. Could it be the dial plan, the proxy settings, there is many proxy settings in iOS?

I read your document : https://support.freephoneline.ca/hc/en- ... /212430746

I'm not with Rogers but should I assume that I have difficulty connecting on port 5060? If yes, should I choose
SIP Server: voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 or SIP Server: voip4.freephoneline.ca
And for port I use 5060 or 6060 ?

In the codecs there are different G711 and G729 but iOS doesn't mention which g711 and g729 standard that is supported?

Regards,
Stephane
Attachments
HT702 Settings.zip
(487.7 KiB) Downloaded 558 times
stephanevoip
Just Passing Thru

Post by stephanevoip »

I found the GS Wave manual. It might help solve this issue. Maybe a settings that is enabled in GS Wave that is not compatible with freephoneline?
Attachments
gswave_usermanual_ios.pdf
(2.92 MiB) Downloaded 579 times
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

I have an old CallCentric account that I set up on it. It used their template and connected straight away.
I tried all sorts with FPL, including the voip4 server without any luck. I enabled the SIP debug but can find any output, so that didn't seem much help.

Not sure what to try next.
stephanevoip
Just Passing Thru

Post by stephanevoip »

Grandstream Support Team wants to do teamviewer session tomorrow to see my routers settings... I'll let them check tomorrow and keep you updated! For the debug, to what I understand, I need to plug my phone to itunes with the usb cable to access thoses files of debug! Did not test that yet. We miss something or there is an incompatibility between GS Wave and freephoneline. So CallCentric works on GS Wave without playing with the settings, so you can do and receive phone calls right?
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

I didn't actually test calls as it is an old account that just has an iNum on it. It certainly connected to the servers though and I got a green dot instead of the red one I get with FPL.
I chose that one as it was about the only one in the list of templates that I had an account with. It helped that CallCentric had a step by step guide for the Wave that I didn't actually need to follow completely to get it to connect.

I can't see why you would need to set up a router specifically to allow this system to work, but I would be interested in knowing what, if anything, you find out.

I'll flag this thread up with Fongo Support and see if they can add anything.
stephanevoip
Just Passing Thru

Post by stephanevoip »

I tried at different locations at my friends houses (different ISP, routers and modems with DSL and Cable). Fongo even works on all of my devices including my old iPod. Also, I look at the review for GS Wave, this product is considered better than the commercial Bria software and it's free! We have 3 choices, something in the router, an incompatibility issue which doesn't make sense or some information that we don't know on freephoneline or Grandstream side. We might need special settings... Can freephoneline provide a script like Call Centric so it will be much much easier doing the setup? Eventually can freephoneline provide an app for iOS like the GS Wave? I'll keep you updated after my Team Viewer meeting this afternoon with GrandStream Helpdesk. I'll ask them about the debug for both android and iOS to make sure I have all the information that I need!
stephanevoip
Just Passing Thru

Post by stephanevoip »

Information for debug of GS Wave on iPhone!

In iTunes you click on your iPhone then click on the left on "File Sharing" then on the middle you choose "GS Wave" then on the right you'll see "GS Wave documents".

Theses 2 folders (gsmedia and SipMessage) contain 1 log file each.
When you click "Save To" they will dissapear from the iPhone and will be saved on your computer!
Attachments
iTune with GS Wave Logs Files.png
iTune with GS Wave Logs Files.png (68.72 KiB) Viewed 22765 times
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

With Fongo Support's help I was able to get it registered and make a call.

Now the catch is I can't tell you what I changed to make it work, unless Fongo Support tells me I can tell you :)

We are making headway though.

Thank you for the info on the debug. I would never have thought to look there.
stephanevoip
Just Passing Thru

Post by stephanevoip »

You're welcome and thank you for your time to help me fixing that! It you take screenshots of each options in GS Wave and compare them with mine you'll know what is the change(s) and then you can post all the screenshots in a zip file!

Also, il you disable your working profile, make a new one called test then you'll get errors if you enable the logs and see the errors to resolved that right? But it will be easier if you compare my screenshots with yours!

Did fongo supports agree to give us a pre configured file like call centric that we can add to GS Wave config and also do they agree to submit that file to GS Wave so future release of that program will make it compatible and extremely easy for people that are not a computer technician to make it work!
stephanevoip
Just Passing Thru

Post by stephanevoip »

I hope they will add a document about GS Wave config with screenshots and steps; so it will be usefull for everyone that needs help / guideline to setup their VoIP account!
stephanevoip
Just Passing Thru

Post by stephanevoip »

Do you know Jake any free Stun servers that could make that work?
stephanevoip
Just Passing Thru

Post by stephanevoip »

Hi, I tried with free stun severs but it doesnt work either!! The meeting for Grandstream has been reschedule for today, I hope having great news! I'll keep you posted! Any updates on your side Jake?
stephanevoip
Just Passing Thru

Post by stephanevoip »

Hi everyone,

I need your help to fix the issue! Is Grandstream Wave working for you? If yes, can you share your working settings on my post please and specify if it's Android or iPhone?

If you have Android and it's not working, you can still help; with Packet Capture app you can save the info between GS Wave and freephoneline server then Grandstream Helpdesk can find out what is wrong and apply a solution! You can either send me the capture (if it's not too big) and I'll communicate that directly to them or you may go to Grandstream Helpdesk website (https://helpdesk.grandstream.com) and create a ticket with Freephoneline issue with GS Wave and provide me the ticket number that I'll forward it to the technician that I'm discussing with at Grandstream.

Next monday they'll do a follow up with me.

Regards,
Stephane
stephanevoip
Just Passing Thru

Post by stephanevoip »

There is a new version of Grandstream Wave for iOS available! Still failed on me! Anyone that can try and let me know if it works for you guys?
stephanevoip
Just Passing Thru

Post by stephanevoip »

Update from Grandstream Helpdesk :

"As I understand they tested in Android but found a problem in the iOS, and are still trying to fix it.
I am also not sure when the new firmware will be available but as soon as the fix is ready you should get it in that next firmware"