Online Voicemail does NOT accept my commands

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
itiBi8
Just Passing Thru

Online Voicemail does NOT accept my commands

Post by itiBi8 »

Hi!
I am using obi202 ATA on FreePhoneLine and it works great except on one point:

When dialing *98 to get access to the Online VoiceMail menu, it said correctly that I do not have any messages
then announce to Press '3' to get options sub-menu or to press '*' to exit.

My problem is that it does NOT recognize those commands '3' or '*'
IF DTMF Method is set to 'InBand' (see Service Provider/ITSP A (FPL) /General/DTMF Method)

Please note that DTMF Method, in my case, has to be set to InBand
as this is the only combination which permit to correctly connect to my alarm monitoring (on port ph2)
and to have perfect voice communications on my home phone (on port ph1).

But this works correctly if DTMF Method is set to 'Auto'

In resume:
Setting that parameter to 'Auto' or 'RFC2833' is ok for voice conversations, is ok for *98 commands but failed with alarm system.
Setting that parameter to 'InBand' is ok for voice conversations, is ok for alarm system but failed for *98 commands.

Also, ALL methods (Auto/RFC2833/InBand) works perfectly on Voip phone testing on 1-416-342-9562
that provide many tests including touchtone test where I have to touch many digits.

Also, I called my favorite Costco phone number which permit touchtone navigation to access their menu and it worked correctly.

Can someone help me use the 'InBand' option to access correctly the Online VoiceMail menu ?
Maybe I need to make some adjustment to my configuration.

Thanks
ItiBi
Liptonbrisk
Technical Support
SIP Device Name: Obihai 202/2182, Groundwire
Firmware Version: various
ISP Name: FTTH
Computer OS: Windows 64 bit
Router: Asuswrt-Merlin & others

Re: Online Voicemail does NOT accept my commands

Post by Liptonbrisk »

Please do not send me emails; I do not work for nor represent Freephoneline or Fongo. Post questions on the forums so that others may learn from responses or assist you. Thank you. If you have an issue with your account or have a billing issue, submit a ticket here: https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/requests/new. Visit http://status.fongo.com/ to check FPL/Fongo service status. Freephoneline setup guides can be found at http://forum.fongo.com/viewforum.php?f=15.
itiBi8
Just Passing Thru

Re: Online Voicemail does NOT accept my commands

Post by itiBi8 »

This post was mostly to find a way to make it work as supposed.

I mean to have InBand recognize the touchtone keys when using FPL Online VoiceMail
It works with other automated service
so I assume that FPL Online VoiceMail has a bug or my ata just need some parameter adjustment!

The other topic was to find a viable workaround.

Have a nice day
ItiBi