Page 1 of 1

[Resolved]Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 01/24/2020
by AmisParcGatineau
Hi,

All of a sudden, incoming calls never go to voice mail. The phone just rings for a long time, then the connection is ended. We did not play around with any of the settings, or anything like that.

I re-recorded the greeting, in case the issue was that the greeting had been deleted, but it didn't fix the problem.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

We are using Freephoneline and an Obi202.

Have a nice day,
Simon Landry

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 01/24/2020
by Fongo Support
AmisParcGatineau wrote:Hi,

All of a sudden, incoming calls never go to voice mail. The phone just rings for a long time, then the connection is ended. We did not play around with any of the settings, or anything like that.

I re-recorded the greeting, in case the issue was that the greeting had been deleted, but it didn't fix the problem.

Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?

We are using Freephoneline and an Obi202.

Have a nice day,
Simon Landry


Hi,

t will be resolved soon.

to check status:

https://status.fongo.com/

Thanks,

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 02/01/2020
by Chamitae
Any news?

It's been a week without any voicemails...

Thanks,

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 02/01/2020
by Fongo Support
Chamitae wrote:Any news?

It's been a week without any voicemails...

Thanks,


Hi,

I suggest to contact Support

http://fongo.help/submit

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 02/02/2020
by Jake
If you do find the problem maybe you can share it.

People have been asking how to do the thing you are trying to fix for years!

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 02/02/2020
by albeause
Hi !
Since the upgrade, i remarked on my call display i got many people that called to my main FFL and no message waiting. I accessed my mailbox (*98) and i had only one message. I found that the prompts was now in english as i set my mailbox in french in the beginning of my subscription. I called my FFL from my cell phone and after 8 rings got the fastbusy disconnect from the mobile provider. I tried from another FFL account to call my main FFL number and i got the voicemail after 10 rings. What i did here is i went to my FFL web account and change the language from english to french, and set the number of rings to 5 to force to update my profile. I was able to recover my personal greeting and also the voicemail is now kick in after 5 rings. The only issue that still exist is the message waiting indicator that is not working on my both FFL numbers.

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 02/03/2020
by AmisParcGatineau
albeause wrote:Hi !
Since the upgrade, i remarked on my call display i got many people that called to my main FFL and no message waiting. I accessed my mailbox (*98) and i had only one message. I found that the prompts was now in english as i set my mailbox in french in the beginning of my subscription. I called my FFL from my cell phone and after 8 rings got the fastbusy disconnect from the mobile provider. I tried from another FFL account to call my main FFL number and i got the voicemail after 10 rings. What i did here is i went to my FFL web account and change the language from english to french, and set the number of rings to 5 to force to update my profile. I was able to recover my personal greeting and also the voicemail is now kick in after 5 rings. The only issue that still exist is the message waiting indicator that is not working on my both FFL numbers.


Thanks for this. I changed the number of rings in my FFL account, too, and it fixed the problem!

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 02/06/2020
by Chamitae
That fixed it for me too! Thanks a lot albeause!

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 02/14/2020
by marcaccioc
this fixed it on 3 accounts - Login and goto settings. Change number of rings before voice mail to something other than what you have. save. test. change it back to what you originally had. save. test.

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 03/02/2020
by b3l
I am using freephoneline and voicemail indicator light and the voicemail sound have stopped working. I have messages but unless I call voicemail I don't know. I have tried changing the number of rings a couple of times, but it didn't work. Suggestions?

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 03/02/2020
by Liptonbrisk
b3l wrote:I am using freephoneline and voicemail indicator light and the voicemail sound have stopped working. I have messages but unless I call voicemail I don't know. I have tried changing the number of rings a couple of times, but it didn't work. Suggestions?



Voicemail notifications aren't working: https://status.fongo.com/.

"Feb 20, 2020

Identified - Voicemail Services - Voicemails being delivered - App notifications failing
Identified -
Feb 20, 2020 - 15:32 (EST)
Investigating - Voicemails are not being delivered to Fongo Mobile, Fongo Home Phone, Fongo Works or FreePhoneLine users.
Feb 20, 2020 - 13:49 (EST)"

Voicemail to email does work though.

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 03/03/2020
by b3l
Okay thanks. It's been almost 2 weeks!!!

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 03/03/2020
by Liptonbrisk
b3l wrote:Okay thanks. It's been almost 2 weeks!!!



Voicemail notifications (Message Waiting Indicator/MWI) is not working for me either.
We'll have to wait for the "degraded performance" status to clear first for "Voicemail Services" at https://status.fongo.com/.
Unfortunately, I have no clue how long that will take to fix.

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 03/23/2020
by b3l
Still not working for me.

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 04/07/2020
by albeause
Looks like the MWI issue has been fixed as its working fine on both my FPL.

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 04/07/2020
by Liptonbrisk
albeause wrote:Looks like the MWI issue has been fixed as its working fine on both my FPL.


Out of curiosity, which FPL server are you using:
voip.freephoneline.ca, voip2,freephoneline.ca, or voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060?

I tested voip4.freephoneline.ca:6060 today, and it works properly for MWI.
I've been a bit reluctant to test on voip.freephoneline.ca, so if you have and if that server works for you, that would be good to know.

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 04/08/2020
by albeause
Hi !
I was on voip2.freephoneline.ca and voip4.freephoneline.ca and both worked and came on within 10mins. I changed on one of my spa2102 with voip.freephoneline.ca and MWI didn't came. How come the problem is only on one proxy ?

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 04/08/2020
by Liptonbrisk
albeause wrote:Hi !
I was on voip2.freephoneline.ca and voip4.freephoneline.ca and both worked and came on within 10mins. I changed on one of my spa2102 with voip.freephoneline.ca and MWI didn't came. How come the problem is only on one proxy ?



Hi,

I could guess that your account is bugged with voip.freephoneline.ca only since you were having a problem before (and the bug isn’t really fixed for your account with voip.freephoneline.ca), or I could guess that everyone is having an MWI issue with voip.freephoneline.ca. But I have no idea.

I’m reluctant to test with voip.freephoneline.ca because I don’t want MWI permanently stuck on if there’s a bug only affecting that server.

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 04/08/2020
by albeause
I left message 16:26pm and another one 19:03pm,, and finally message waiting tone came around 20:20pm, so my spa2102 was still on voip.freephoneline.ca. So it works but with long delay for notifications.

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 04/08/2020
by Liptonbrisk
albeause wrote:I left message 16:26pm and another one 19:03pm,, and finally message waiting tone came around 20:20pm, so my spa2102 was still on voip.freephoneline.ca. So it works but with long delay for notifications.



Wow, that's a pretty big delay. Thanks for letting me know!

Re: Voicemail not working

PostPosted: 04/09/2020
by albeause
Today April 9,, did some test message deposit, (using proxy voip.freephoneline.ca) and MWI came within 10 mins. Even the MWI clear is around the same time.