Cannot be heard or dialed.

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
albertafox
One Hit Wonder
SIP Device Name: Archos 5IT
Firmware Version: 1.9.26
ISP Name: Shaw
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Dlink DGL-4300

Cannot be heard or dialed.

Post by albertafox »

Hello.

I have been trying to test your service to replace/enhance Google voice and talk service, since I do not rent any land line or cell service(make no more than two calls at most per week). I wish to be able to get this working and then get a permanent account with you so that I may use this Archos 5 internet tablet with Android(and future internet tablets) as a phone.

So far it has been easy to sign up(register) and install the software. Unfortunately, I am having three issues, if they are related to each other I do not know.
1. Call out works great, but people cannot hear me.
2. Outside line cannot call the FPL number,"cannot be connected or phone is not in service" when the software shows connected and green on my end.
3. Test setting either times out, give forward port 13000 or one other error(cannot remember it, only happens once and awhile)

Remedies that do nothing:
1. Recommended ports forwarded on PC and router.
2. Router configured to DMZ this PC and disabled PC firewall(windows, no 3rd party).
3. Anti-virus turned off.
4. Re-installed Win7 64bit home premium(nothing else installed) and repeat everything above.
5. Watched network connections and seen some other ports not listed trying to be used and added them to all the rules.
6. Added allow rules for the IP's of FPL to router.
7. Test microphone to be plug in and working within win7.

That is all I can think of trying.
I have never had a need to forward any ports and such before with this router (DGL-4300), and it has two sections to allow ports through, one has presets for other Voip services, and another called "game rules". To both of these I set the ports. Neither helped. It also has a section for certain things like netmeeting, streaming, SIP... All these where either turn all on or off.

Router:Dlink DGL-4300
PC: Win7 64bit clean install with all updates.
ISP: Shaw
Anti-virus: Kaspersky
Thank you for any assistance.
laurent
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Grandstream HT-502
Firmware Version: 1.0.1.63
ISP Name: DSL TekSavvy
Computer OS: OSX Snow Leopard
Router: Linksys WRT54GL w/tomato

Re: Cannot be heard or dialed.

Post by laurent »

You could try to plug your computer directly in the modem, and try. Some routers are known to be problematic with VoIP traffic, it could be just that.
Ice
Lightly Seasoned

Re: Cannot be heard or dialed.

Post by Ice »

Another thing you can try is using a STUN server, or even another PC. See if it's your computer or your network.