Delay when placing a phone call

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
andriykoua
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: SPA-3102
Firmware Version: 3.3.6(GW)
ISP Name: Bell Internet

Delay when placing a phone call

Post by andriykoua »

Hello,

When I place a phone call from my freephoneline.ca (I am using SPA=3102) it takes ~ 15 seconds before it starts ringing on the other end. It seems to be happening on every single call. Is this a normal behavior? Or can I correct something on my SPA-3102
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator
SIP Device Name: Polycom 550 IP Phone
Firmware Version: 4.2.0.0310
ISP Name: Rogers Cable
Computer OS: Ubuntu 11.10
Router: Cisco E1200-N
Smartphone Model: Samsung Galaxy S2
Android Version: 4.0.3

Re: Delay when placing a phone call

Post by FONGO_kris »

Try locating the 1xxxxxxxxxx in your dial string and add an 'S0' (Zero, not the letter "O"). This causes the number to be dialled immediately after pressing that last digit.

If you cannot, post the dial string here and I can take a look.
Kris
Logistics & International Purchasing | Fongo
Call us toll-free! 611 from your fongo phone or 1-855-836-3355
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S2 [GT-I9100] / 3.0.15-I9100XXLPH / Thebyani v3.2
andriykoua
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: SPA-3102
Firmware Version: 3.3.6(GW)
ISP Name: Bell Internet

Post by andriykoua »

Hi Kris, I already have what you mentioned, please take a look (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

andriykoua wrote:Hi Kris, I already have what you mentioned, please take a look (*xx|[3469]11|0|00|[2-9]xxxxxx|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxxS0|xxxxxxxxxxxx.)
Have you tried using the dial string recommended for Linksys / Sipura devices in our device configuration section? It doesn't look like you've got any special settings in there, so it should not change what works.
Kris
Please advise I will no longer be contributing to this forum for the time being. Please feel free to email me.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Post by dibsmft »

I have a 3102 and the delay should not be quite that long even without the S0 unless you have the delay set that long. The default Interdigit_Long_Timer default is 10 seconds but if a dialed candidate matches a dialplan item already then the Short_Timer applies and the default setting on that is 3 seconds.
If you are running STUN the problem could be connected with the STUN sever responding very slowly or not at all so turn off STUN is it is on and try dialing (if the 3102 still connects OK) or try a different STUN server (stun.counterpath.net is working OK today).
FONGO_kris
Site Moderator

Post by FONGO_kris »

dibsmft wrote:I have a 3102 and the delay should not be quite that long even without the S0 unless you have the delay set that long. The default Interdigit_Long_Timer default is 10 seconds but if a dialed candidate matches a dialplan item already then the Short_Timer applies and the default setting on that is 3 seconds.
Additionally I think most Sipura products have a "Key entry timeout" wherein the numbers there represent the delay before the number you enter dials after you've stopped pressing any. Alternately, you could just press the hash key (#) after each number.
Kris
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Post by dibsmft »

Yes, thats what the Interdigit timer(s) do(es). When dialing from my cordless phones I normally dial the number and then send it by pressing the "Talk" key rather pressing the "Talk" key and then dialing the number. Depending how the 3102 is configured (and there are a huge number of options), pressing the pound key(#) when you have completed dialing the number can send the number without delay.
beverly
Lightly Seasoned
SIP Device Name: PAP2T/SPA1001
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)/3.1.19(SE)
ISP Name: TekSavvy Cable
Computer OS: Windows 8
Smartphone Model: HTC Amaze 4G
Android Version: 4.0.3 - Energy Aug 6th

Post by beverly »

You can always hit # to stop this wait.