How to port a phone number ???

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
nlemay
Just Passing Thru

How to port a phone number ???

Post by nlemay »

Hi!

I wanted to port my phone number to a freephoneline account. So I called the phone number written on the product page (1 866 515 5550). When reaching the automatic message, it was telling me to use the self service on the Website or on the app. So I search on the website, and even install the app, but I could not find any where to do this.

Can someone tell me where can I port my number? Is in the self service or by phone?

I do understand that FPL is really cheap, and do not offer a lot of service. But when you want people to buy your service, you need to make it straightforward, or you'll to loose clients. I don't care if I have to do this online, but it has to be clear!
Jake
Technical Support

Re: How to port a phone number ???

Post by Jake »

I just called and got the same as you. They keep changing it so I thought I would check.

I see what you are saying, and I can also not see where they are trying to point people. On their website it says to phone, and on the phone it says to go online or on the app. When you click support on the app it tells you the page is no longer there......

I can only think they have closed the doors for the moment and will sort things out on the 31st. You could try emailing them to the address in the announcements.

I am hoping that all the heads of departments all sat down to look how things are, and then how things should be - so now they have a big plan of how the company will be but because of the disarray things are in now they decided to just bite the bullet of any troubles that might come and shut things for 20 days and start new and fresh on the 31st. Then all those in need will be able to get support, all information will be correct and not give confusing messages (Coming 2012, Add additional Canada & USA phone numbers to your existing account...). This is what I am hoping anyway, as it gets difficult to try and help anyone who comes here looking for help.
julienvf
Just Passing Thru

Post by julienvf »

Same boat here. I've transferred many of my clients to freephoneline over the last couple years (and gave them support too) but now, I'm caught in a loop where freephoneline's phone number send me to the website and the website tells me to call them up. Can you guys sort things out and update us? I've been a happy customer for the last 3 years so all my clients and now, I can say this is a bit disapointing...
nlemay
Just Passing Thru

Post by nlemay »

Well I'm disapointed to see that it is not only me that cannot find where to go to port my number. This is really scary, because it makes me thing that FreePhoneLine will close soon. I already have one number with them, but will I give more money to FPL if it gives the impression that it will be close in a few weeks?

FPL, you need to show that you are a serious business. Your website is even not up-to-date! Stop telling that new features are coming in 2012, we are in 2013 now!

Too bad, I was happy with my current FPL, but I will probably look for another compagny to port my second number.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

FPL closing is the last thing that comes to my mind. They have a big parent company behind them to help out.

They are disorganised (or at least that is the image they portray), but I really don't think they are anywhere near to going out of business.
julienvf
Just Passing Thru

Post by julienvf »

Hope so really. I just find the moove of not being able to phone in anymore a bit weird from them. My customers had all sorts of problems with their credit cards and freephoneline. Adresses had trouble a lot.
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

It is a bit ironic for a telephone company not to provide telephone support :D
seagame2001
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Computer OS: Windows 7
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Post by seagame2001 »

I think drop a telephone support is a huge mistake from Fongo
nlemay
Just Passing Thru

Post by nlemay »

seagame2001 wrote:I think drop a telephone support is a huge mistake from Fongo
It would be not if they were a better self service on Internet. But it is not the case, so they were not ready to drop phone service.

To FPL moderator : please tell me how can I port a number. I want to do this in the next days. If not, I might find another service (even if I was really please with this voip service)
julienvf
Just Passing Thru

Post by julienvf »

nlemay wrote:
seagame2001 wrote:I think drop a telephone support is a huge mistake from Fongo
It would be not if they were a better self service on Internet. But it is not the case, so they were not ready to drop phone service.

To FPL moderator : please tell me how can I port a number. I want to do this in the next days. If not, I might find another service (even if I was really please with this voip service)
Same boat here.
seagame2001
Tried and True
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T
Firmware Version: Groundwire
ISP Name: 3web
Router: Dlink-DD-WRT
Smartphone Model: iPhone 4
iOS Version: 5.1.1

Post by seagame2001 »

port from another service to FPL take about 7 to 10 business days before you can call in and they will tell you if you able to port your phone numbers or not
nlemay
Just Passing Thru

Post by nlemay »

seagame2001 wrote:port from another service to FPL take about 7 to 10 business days before you can call in and they will tell you if you able to port your phone numbers or not
Yes I know that it takes some days (or weeks). This is why I want to do it at soon as possible. I have to admit that I'm asking myself a lot of questions since I can't understand how to port my number to FPL. It's a huge business flaw, like if you want to buy something in the store, but can't find a cashier. But like I said, I was really please with FPL service until now.
shawn122
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Obi100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2765)
ISP Name: Bell - DSL
Router: Netgear WNDR4000

Post by shawn122 »

Hopefully this gets resolved quickly. I will be testing out FPL for a few months and would want to port my number.
shawn122
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Obi100
Firmware Version: 1.3.0 (Build: 2765)
ISP Name: Bell - DSL
Router: Netgear WNDR4000

Post by shawn122 »

I sent an email to talkfreely@fongo.com to find out more information based on this Web page from fongo: http://support.fongo.com/entries/229023 ... er-porting
julienvf
Just Passing Thru

Post by julienvf »

Looks like they have finally updated their website: http://www.freephoneline.ca/fr/optionalServices#. Now you need to send an email to support@freephoneline.ca. I sent an email a couple days back and still no answer...
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

Hello everyone,

We are transitioning to a new support system and we are a bit backlogged on our tickets. We're trying to catch up as fast as possible.
Apologies for the delay. We will take care of all of you over the next few days.

The Fongo Team