No outgoing no incoming service

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
vdemko
Just Passing Thru
SIP Device Name: Grandstream
Firmware Version: HT287 Rev4.1
ISP Name: Shaw Cable
Computer OS: Victa Home Premium
Router: Netgeat 3500L

No outgoing no incoming service

Post by vdemko »

No outgoing, no incoming service, except calls from random numbers and most times there are no answer, silence on other end. In average about 10-14 calls a day from 514, 647,416,613,289,438 area codes. Four times incoming call I was able to answer: people who tried to reach other numbers, (FPL), if I call my number from my cell or any other phone just rings and at odd interval it stops, I assume it being connected, but no sound. No voice mail. My ATA, OBI110 connected to UPS, port forwading done on RT-N66U router but this problem started in second half of December 2012. No response from support team after I submitted e-mail with this type of problem. :evil: :?

Does anyone has the same problem?

OBI110
voip.freephoneline.ca
Port 5060
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Re: No outgoing no incoming service

Post by dibsmft »

Try powering off both the router and the ATA , wait for 10 minutes and then restart the router followed by the ATA once the router has connected.
vdemko
Just Passing Thru

Post by vdemko »

dibsmft wrote:Try powering off both the router and the ATA , wait for 10 minutes and then restart the router followed by the ATA once the router has connected.
Tried but less than 10 mins as you suggested. But Google Voice and VOIP.ms working perfectly so it is not ATA or router fault. Also, second number from FPL, been mostly working whenever I test with GroundWire on iPhone4s and on Nexus 4.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Post by dibsmft »

vdemko wrote:
dibsmft wrote:Try powering off both the router and the ATA , wait for 10 minutes and then restart the router followed by the ATA once the router has connected.
Tried but less than 10 mins as you suggested. But Google Voice and VOIP.ms working perfectly so it is not ATA or router fault. Also, second number from FPL, been mostly working whenever I test with GroundWire on iPhone4s and on Nexus 4.
Goodle voice does no use SIP and Voip.ms provides more help in getting around NAT. IF you run other voip on the ATA or through the router you may get plenty of problems unless you have the modem and ATA correctly configured. You should turn off the DHCP on the ATA and give it a fixed IP address and put in the DNS servers etc. manually (the router manual should tell you how to do this). Forward a port (UDP) for SIP signaling ... say 5061 (do not forward 5060) and some RTP ports (also UDP for voice) ..say 8000 - 8010 and enter these into the ATA (Use the ports recommended by Fongo if you wish). Each line on the ATA should have different ports assigned eg. Line 2 5062 UDP and 8011 - 8020. After configuring reboot the router and ATA.
vdemko
Just Passing Thru

Post by vdemko »

Thank you for your suggestions but disabling GV on SP1 line did not soleve the problem... I suspect it's on FPL end.
Did try to change server from voip.freephoneline.ca to voip2.freephoneline.ca and so far outgoing and incoming calls are working. Will monitor this to see if any changes.
PS: Ports are forwarded 5060 & 5061 for OBI110 which have fixed IP address.