Help

Have a question or problem with your Fongo application? This forum is the place to get help from both staff and fellow community members.
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
PH1515
Just Passing Thru
Router: Telus

Help

Post by PH1515 »

The last 24 hours my phone hasn't been working its worked fine for the last year. When I pickup the phone there's no dial tone just a weird machine gun sound I can't dial out or receive calls also typing****
Doesn't work so I can't receive IP address . The phone rings but when I pickup all I here is that weird sound the person on the other end here's it as well. I've powered off to no avail I have a linksys pap2t please help thanks.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Re: Help

Post by Fongo Support »

PH1515 wrote:The last 24 hours my phone hasn't been working its worked fine for the last year. When I pickup the phone there's no dial tone just a weird machine gun sound I can't dial out or receive calls also typing****
Doesn't work so I can't receive IP address . The phone rings but when I pickup all I here is that weird sound the person on the other end here's it as well. I've powered off to no avail I have a linksys pap2t please help thanks.
Hi there,

Please try to power of equipment- modem, router and ata for at least 15-20 minutes and connect again after 20 minutes starting with the modem.

Try testing the line(s) after this- should be ok.

Please let me know.

Thanks,
PH1515
Just Passing Thru

Post by PH1515 »

Powered everything off for half an hour still does the same weird sound. When ata powers up the power button briefly turns orange and than goes blue has only done that during this latest problem
I will await your reply thanks
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

PH1515 wrote:Powered everything off for half an hour still does the same weird sound. When ata powers up the power button briefly turns orange and than goes blue has only done that during this latest problem
I will await your reply thanks
Hi there,

Please try to reset device to factory defaults and reconfigure.

To reset:

http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f= ... 738#p41822

To reconfigure:
http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=310

Thanks,
PH1515
Just Passing Thru

Post by PH1515 »

Unfortunately **** doesn't work so I can't reset.
PH1515
Just Passing Thru

Post by PH1515 »

No buttons work
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

PH1515 wrote:No buttons work
Hi there,

Try to attach another phone to ata or plug in in Line2.

Thanks,
PH1515
Just Passing Thru

Post by PH1515 »

I reset and reconfig but now phone line doesn't show up on ata and that sound is also still there. I used line 2 to get IP address the sound doesn't happen on line two so I tried to setup line two but couldn't get dial tone.
dibsmft
*Go-To Guy*
SIP Device Name: Yealink T22 (SPA3102 GS286)
Firmware Version: 7.60.0.110
ISP Name: Bell-Aliant DSL
Computer OS: Linux Mint
Router: Speedstream 6520
Smartphone Model: Google Nexus 5
Android Version: 3.2.1

Post by dibsmft »

Long shot but check the power supply (should be 5 volts + a little off load) as they sometimes degrade and this can result in poor performance from the ATA.
PH1515
Just Passing Thru

Post by PH1515 »

How do I check that? Maybe try a new phone?
PH1515
Just Passing Thru

Post by PH1515 »

Also the soft phone on my computer says no connection.
PH1515
Just Passing Thru

Post by PH1515 »

Bought new phone still makes that sound reset/reconfig twice nothing....now it won't ring when I call it takes voicemails but nothing shows up on phone missed calls new voicemails. Please help I don't know what to do.
PH1515
Just Passing Thru

Post by PH1515 »

What am I supposed to do now no freephone line phone number to call very disappointed.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

PH1515 wrote:What am I supposed to do now no freephone line phone number to call very disappointed.
Hi there,

Please try my suggestions and if it's still not working- you should really consider a new ATA.

BTW, please see below - LED error codes for PAP2T:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9901

Reference from below:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1430594

Please have a look.

Thanks,
PH1515
Just Passing Thru

Post by PH1515 »

So I still cant get line 1 to work but I registered with call centric and was able to get it to work on line 2 not line 1.
How come free phone line wont work on line 2 but call centric does Fongo support says it's the ATA but if I can get call centric to work how can this be?
So frustrated would appreciate some advice.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

PH1515 wrote:So I still cant get line 1 to work but I registered with call centric and was able to get it to work on line 2 not line 1.
How come free phone line wont work on line 2 but call centric does Fongo support says it's the ATA but if I can get call centric to work how can this be?
So frustrated would appreciate some advice.
Hi there,

If I remember correctly, the ATA was flashing orange light at boot up. If that was the case, no other provider could be configured.

If all lights are green now, the ATA should work with any voip provider including FPL.

Here is a link to the FPL config:

http://forum.fongo.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=310

Try and let me know.

If it's still not working, please send me or to any moderator a PM.

Thanks,
PH1515
Just Passing Thru

Post by PH1515 »

No when I config to free phone line it says it cannot connect to login server however it connected to call centric.
Is there something special I need to do for FPL line 2? Looks as though it's not my ATA that's the problem.
Fongo Support
Site Moderator

Post by Fongo Support »

PH1515 wrote:No when I config to free phone line it says it cannot connect to login server however it connected to call centric.
Is there something special I need to do for FPL line 2? Looks as though it's not my ATA that's the problem.
Hi there,

Looks like you are unable to access voip.freephoneline.ca

This seems to be a dns issue on your end.

Perhaps you can try to reset your wireless router to factory defaults to address this.

can you send me a PM with your information and I will assist.

Thanks,