FPL with Astaro Security Gateway (ASG) ver. 8

Here you can post your own working configurations of hardware or software to share with other users who may be using the same device!
Fongo recommends Fongo Home Phone for a fully supported Home Phone system for only $4.95/mo
Forum rules
DISCLAIMER
This forum is for those users who have already purchased a configuration file with the SIP settings needed to configure any SIP compatible device.

1. Please use this forum only as a means to share your configuration advice and guides for ATA devices and SIP clients that you are using with our service.
2. For any questions relating to device configuration, please use the other forum sections or post your question directly in the device topic that your question is meant for.
3. Please title your topics with only the name and model of your device so users can easily find the information they need.
4. Preferable format for posting here is compressing your screenshots of your successfully configured device into a .zip file, and post a brief description of the configuration.

Please stay on topic

FPL with Astaro Security Gateway (ASG) ver. 8

Postby zoro » 05/16/2011

Hello all,

I wanted to share some information about Astaro SG and PAP2T. I've initially added some notes in PAP-2T section of this section, but last night I've experienced something new that I wanted to share with other. All is working fine, but as said, last night I tried calling some numbers that are not on FPL and I was having no tone.

After looking into Log file on Astaro Firewall, I saw it blocking ports 62K+.

After modifying LAN->WAN rule from 5060-65535 all back to normal.

I initially had ports opened from 5060-60000, but this obviously is not enough. So, I've opened up to the end to voip.freephoneline.ca only and all is OK.

One thing that I don't understand is RTP port range. I do understand that call initialization goes on 5060 UDP and, if all OK, conversation is happening on through RTP port ranges.

This is where I'm confused, as I've read somewhere that ATA device advices VoIP server (in this case FPL) what ports it is using for conversation. When I look at the ports on ATA box I have RTP ports on Line 1 from 16342-164xx (can't remember exactly), but obviously port ranges needed for voice to go through are between 5060-65535.

As said, it is working for me in this case, but why do we have RTP ranges on ATA device (default), if I have to open additional ones for it to work?

Thanks all,

zoro
zoro
Quiet One

SIP Device Name: PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.6
ISP Name: ROGERS
Computer OS: WinXP
Router: TomatoRAF

Return to Device Configuration Sharing