Call fork feature request

Have a great idea? We'd love to hear it! Want to share the story of how Fongo is saving you money? This is the place to do it!
luckych
Just Passing Thru

Call fork feature request

Post by luckych »

Greetings everyone,

It would be great if Frephoneline service could offer a 'Call fork' feature to it's customers. One of your competitors VBuzzer has this feature. It's a way to forward the call to up to five different phone numbers that will ring simultaneously and you can answer whichever phone picks up first and the rest will stop ringing. This feature worked exceptionally well for me when I was with VBuzzer and it would be great if Freephone would consider implementing it for its customers. Thanks!

Regards,
Denis
TheHardy
***Übergod***
SIP Device Name: FPL PC softphone (buggy)
Firmware Version: 3.0.3.0
ISP Name: Telus Optik
Computer OS: Win7
Router: Actiontec V1000H
Smartphone Model: none

Re: Call fork feature request

Post by TheHardy »

Hopefully someone official from FPL replied that they have noted this feature request and forwarded it ... I imagine that during the FonGo transition, major feature requests will be secondary as they work thru what they are already planning on implementing -- who knows, this might have been on their radar already. It never hurts to ask though, and maybe in time this feature will appear!
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
j8van
Active Poster

Post by j8van »

If I recall correctly, in a post either Jake or Steve ever mentioned that this feature would be promoted soon.
Jay
TheHardy
***Übergod***

Post by TheHardy »

Steve is good of taking note of requests that we make in the forum here that are useful. Once they are 'noted' and forwarded, I do not know what happens to them. Maybe we will all be amazed when FonGo rolls out it's optional services! :-) Or maybe they all end up in a bit-bucket somewhere 5' from Steve's desk ... Only way to find out is to stay tuned and see what comes of it!
Hardy - Surrey, BC ~~ increasingly disgruntled FPL user ... comon, fix your stuff!
driver/webmaster - INCARTA Professional Delivery & Moving -- http://www.incarta.ca 604-594-7126
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

j8van wrote:If I recall correctly, in a post either Jake or Steve ever mentioned that this feature would be promoted soon.
I mentioned call forking the other day, but that was only to make a point of how something could be read the wrong way. I don't believe FPL are going to implement it any time soon.
j8van
Active Poster

Post by j8van »

Jake wrote:
j8van wrote:If I recall correctly, in a post either Jake or Steve ever mentioned that this feature would be promoted soon.
I mentioned call forking the other day, but that was only to make a point of how something could be read the wrong way. I don't believe FPL are going to implement it any time soon.
Sorry I must have misunderstood something...

I found your words here: http://forum.freephoneline.ca/viewtopic ... 762#p19754

and... yes you wanted to explain how hazardous when people misread articles but... quick-glance readers like me had even made a new misreading on your article of "how hazardous when people misread articles"... :lol: ironic~~~ :lol:
Jay
Jake
Technical Support

Post by Jake »

j8van wrote:... quick-glance readers like me had even made a new misreading on your article of "how hazardous when people misread articles"... :lol: ironic~~~ :lol:
:D
TheHardy
***Übergod***

Post by TheHardy »

Foot meet mouth -- insert -- repeat ad naseum! :lol:
mitwtim
Quiet One
SIP Device Name: Linksys PAP2T-NA
Firmware Version: 5.1.6(LS)
ISP Name: Rogers
Router: Linksys WRT160N with DD-WRT

Post by mitwtim »

Call forking would be great! Then my wife and I could have our Home Phone number ring to both of our own lines or cells. That would be amazing!